Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of playing soccer now :(  (Read 109 times)

Offline Hobbit1812

• Rec's: 0
  • May the force be with you.
    • Poke This Member
Scared of playing soccer now :(
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
I'm in xc and track and I wanted to play soccer and I decided to sign up for soccer league in my city so I did and I'm really excited but now I'm scared because while I was looking for videos of soccer I came across a video of guy who died of a heart attack on the field. I'm scared that gonna die of heart attack because he's not the only one who died of heart attack their are many cases like that recorded and also dying of head fracture and brain injuries that lead to death I'm only playing my junior year and senior year ceausescu those are my remaining years I'm scared please help thanks
Bookmark and Share
Live long and prosper

Offline Ira

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of playing soccer now :(
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
You don't have much to worry about a heart attack at you age from playing sports.  Athletes with heart issues have them brought on by a multitude of issues, some which they are born with and others brought on by continuous over exertion(decades) or drug related issues.  When you sign up for a sports team, especially when its school sponsored, you usually get a physical done by a doctor, just to make sure you don't have any conditions that playing the sport would exacerbate.  I wouldn't be worried if I were you :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: