Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Dry Eye Anxiety  (Read 161 times)

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Dry Eye Anxiety
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
I keep having these bouts of dry eyes and its terrible. My eye doctor says I have eye dry and suggested over the counter drops to see if it works. It works a lot of the time but these bouts are killing me. I have to see him again in June. My doctor doesn't believe its auto immune so she hasn't tested me for it. I'm still anxious about it. I see her again in May.

For a few days now my eyes have been dry, burning, stinging. They look slightly irritated, hardly noticeable but I keep staring at them in the mirror. I'm kind of squinting because of the dryness and its freaking me out.

I need reassurance from others with dry eye.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dry Eye Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
Oh yeah, this is so very annoying. I've had this on and off all year, and have never quite been able to put my finger on the cause. Eye drops often help though, and my doctor doesn't think it's anything to worry about. I figured it was just another of those crazy anxiety things that we never quite understand!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:44:58 PM »
Are they bloodshot? Do you also suffer from allergies? There are lots of "harmless" reasons for dry eyes, I get them all the time from using the computer or from certain allergens in the air.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline JunoX

Grumpy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:03:13 AM »
I have been having this one and off for about two years but I think it started a little earlier than that since the first symptoms was a halo around lights. The eye doctor told me this was a symptom of dry eye but they weren't bothering me then. They are now. They aren't blood shot at all. They just appear to be irritated, like I've been crying for a while or something. I'm squinting slightly.

The computer kills me and so does the AC but I have to use the computer and the AC needs to stay on, this is Florida after all and the heat is slowly getting worse. I don't have allergies but it is kind of strange that it appears to flair up with allergy season. An eye doctor told me once it looked like I had a slight eye allergy.

The drops have helped a lot since it's not as bad as it used to be now. Good to know I'm not the only one with this mysterious case of dry eyes.
Bookmark and Share
~Robert Frost

Offline wegngis

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:31:36 PM »
I've been having trouble for about a year.  My eye doctor looked and said, "Yep, they're dry.  Probably nothing more than that."  He suggested a foaming scrub, which I used for about 8 months until it ran out.  It didn't seem to help, but it was nice getting my eyes cleaned up in the morning.  Maybe that was the whole point.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »
I've never been told that I have dry eyes, however, I probably do.  I know each morning I have to put lubricating drops in because they feel so dry that it's uncomfortable to blink. 

I have had a doctor tell me once that my eyes were too dry for contacts.  He said that when I blink, I do not make a full blink and so my eyes are not getting the moisture they would with a full, complete blink.

I think there are many reasons why your eyes are dry.  Allergies would definitely be my first thought. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline JunoX

Grumpy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Yes, the mornings are the worst. I put the drops in as soon as I wake up. I'm using them in the morning and then at night before bed. These days I've had to use them around noon time as well. I hate the gritty feeling in the eyes.

I'm just so worried that I'm going to loose my eyes.
Bookmark and Share
~Robert Frost

Tags: