Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: This is for others who suffer migraine aura without headache  (Read 91 times)

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
This is for others who suffer migraine aura without headache
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »
There really isnt a specific section on this site to post this so I thought here would be the best place. I have had migraine aura without headache for about 7 or 8 years. Now with that said I may only have 1 in one year and the following year I may have 3 of them.  I would say all in and I may have 12-15 of them total.
People have different names for this, opthamalic migraine (may be mispelled), optic migraine, migraine aura and possibly a few others. Some say they have these just before getting a migraine headache. Fewer people have these with no headache.
Well, it usually takes 30-45 minutes for me to get back to normal vision. A couple of months ago I had one come on and as I sat down to deal with it, I recalled reading an article somewhere that a man said to relax and take deep breaths and you could stop the aura. Well I did just that and it worked. It did not grow so big that it covered my entire vision. I thought to myself well maybe it was just a coincidence. Well a few minutes ago I came in from outside sat down to watch tv and I could see an aura starting to form. I just relaxed and took deep breaths and sure enough it went away within 5 minutes. I just wanted to share this in hope that 2 out of 2 is a good sign and that it could help someone else who may be having them.
If you are wondering what these auras are like, this video on youtube looks just like what I have. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFIcF9lyk8</a>
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is for others who suffer migraine aura without headache
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
cortical spreading depression is neat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: