Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 49 times)

Offline abcd1207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a 25 year old student and I've been dealing with anxiety since leaving home for University seven years ago. A lot of things changed for me back then (left my home country, things in my family changed, etc). I also used to be a hard working and ambitious student at high school but completely changed (lack of motivation and fear of failure) and lost a lot of my self-confidence in the process. I also dealt with depression two years ago, and spent a year doing nothing and seeing hardly anyone. I am back on the right track, currently even doing a masters, but whenever I have exams or deadlines approaching, my anxiety washes over me and I find myself in a dark place. I know how paralysing and debilitating it is to let myself be taken over by the anxiety (which is how i fell into a depression) so I force myself to act on it and try to deal with it.

I joined the forum in the hope to find people to talk to. I don't feel comfortable talking about my struggles with anxiety to the few people I am close to, because they think I have become stronger and healthier, and I don't want to disappoint them. But I am tired of living in a society in which everyone constantly promotes themselves, and there is this constant need to appear strong and confident and indeed even superior. This is especially the case in my current University, which is considered prestigious, and I feel very much out of place and like I don't belong here. Luckily it will all be over after my final exams end in May, but so far I have so much work to catch up on and the anxiety is preventing me from moving forward.

What has generally greatly helped me with my anxiety in previous years was quitting smoking (i was a pack a day smoker for many years), walking, chamomile tea, confronting my anxieties to prove to myself that things aren't as horrible as i fear them to be, and especially reaching out for help and not suffering in silence.

I hope this forum will give me the chance to meet fellow sensitive souls and that we can support each other.

Kind regards, emily
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything