Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hey I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself  (Read 61 times)

Offline ObiLaws

• Padawan
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Believe in the power of the mind
    • Poke This Member
Hey I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself
« on: April 26, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
Hi guys I'm new here at the forum and I'd just like to introduce myself (as is the point of this section haha) and ask some questions about what I'm experiencing.

I am 18 years old and very recently started suffering from anxiety, as in like 5 or 6 days ago (April 21 or so). There was some build-up to it. About a month ago, I had a panic attack. Now this is odd because I don't know if I had a panic attack due to the situation I was in or due to the fact that the situation I was in caused me to hyperventilate and because I didn't know what was happening that caused me to panic. Either way though, it was in my film class at school and they were screening my film at the time it happened. My hands got tingly and eventually went numb and my face also got tingly and once my stomach started to cramp I decided it was time to leave.

Following that, I was fine for about a month until the film show my film teacher puts together every year and then it happened again in the same situation. Following that event, I started having anxiety pretty much constantly. That continues to this moment.

The weird thing is I have no idea where this anxiety came from or why it's here. I can pinpoint its exact beginning at a couple days after the film show. I was in a car with my girlfriend and her mom on the way to a day in LA and I suddenly got this adrenaline surge and ever since then I've had these issues that I've come to recognize at being part of anxiety. An odd feeling in the head, almost like a dizziness, that also leads to nausea and occasionally an odd feeling in my chest, almost like giddiness. And of course, the anxiety itself. I've felt it before, I know anxiety, just not like this.

The odd part is that, as I said, this literally came out of nowhere and I don't know why it's here. I'm usually pretty calm about everything but this has been freaking me out because as I've read on this forum anxiety has some symptoms that belong solely to it and because I feel them and don't know what's causing them, I get quite worried and get the really bad sense of impending doom, like I'm gonna die imminently. Obviously, this is very trying.

Now as I said, I'm usually pretty calm. My doctor, mother, and I all agree that it could very well be my body going through one last push of puberty and so it's throwing off my hormones and causing me to be like this. I remember vaguely being like this at one point near the end of elementary school when my body went through a similar puberty push when I entered puberty. Basically, I'm asking if this is a possible cause of anxiety, and if so then it'll go away, right? Especially if it happened before when I was smaller and entering puberty, right? Anyway, if nothing else, it'll be nice to have reassurance from all of you guys here as to what's going on with me. Thanks :)

Cody
Bookmark and Share
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hey I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ObiLaws

• Padawan
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Believe in the power of the mind
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hey I'm new here and I'd like to introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
Alright, thanks Cuchculan! :) I'll check out the forums and see if I can find a good section to post about my condition. Just in case I have trouble finding the right section, any suggestions? Also, is this the type of section where longer threads might pop up with different users replying and getting to know new people or is this section more of a two post thread kind of section with just the new person posting and one other person replying to welcome them? Thanks again for your help :)

Cody
Bookmark and Share
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Tags: Introduction