Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Been having a really crazy time...  (Read 139 times)

Online shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been having a really crazy time...
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:22:28 PM »
 I was sick earlier this week with a cold/flu. Whenever I'm sick my anxiety always goes up. I've been feeling really, really strange lately. I've been worried the sickness may have done something to my brain or be a result of a brain tumor or something, I don't know. But I've had horrible depersonalizations symptoms, along with confusion/brain fog. It feels like I'm in a dream, like my life doesn't belong to me. Remembering anything feels like remembering a dream. My mind almost feels drugged. I don't feel like myself, or like I have a connection with anybody. Even my girlfriend almost feels like a stranger.
I'm really scared, I want my life back. These symptoms are more severe than I can describe. Please help..
Bookmark and Share

Online shellofabody

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been having a really crazy time...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »
I'm honestly almost ready to give up. From the second I wake up I can't think, and life immediately feels strange. My whole body feels strange. I don't know what to do anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Piamia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 08:28:19 AM »
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you feel like this. Is there anyone you can talk to about this? Are you under a lot of pressure at the moment?Are you on any medication? Can you talk to your  Girlfriend about it?
Do you think you could join an Anxiety Anonymous group and meet up and talk these issues through once a week? Could that help? Can you get counseling?
Have you tried going through the workbook available here?

Lots of hugs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
My father and I have similar issues to what you go through.  We go through periods of time(months to a year), usually after a long stressful season or two, when our minds just change. 
The dream like state you mention is something very prominent with our symptoms.  Its almost as if we're outside observers watching ourselves on a screen.  We see the motions and actions and understand why they happen, but we can't "feel" them. 
Sometimes when we speak we forget words for common objects.  I can look at a dresser drawer and while trying to use it in a sentence forget the word "dresser drawer" and end up having to describe it as "that wooden thing with the knob which holds my underware".
The worst part of what we go through is the uncontrollable periods of fear and shaking.  These are unpredictable, sometimes they are quite mild and usually can be disregarded and other times turn into full blown panic attacks with thumping hearts, tunnel vision, and numbness.  So far doctors classify this as "accute panic attacks" however since both my father and I suffer from this I tend to believe it to be something more hereditary.  What it could be, I'm not sure.
Bookmark and Share