Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pink spotting after sex? Really scared :-(  (Read 172 times)

Offline gypsymoon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pink spotting after sex? Really scared :-(
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
Hi, I am a long time reader but this is my first time posting.  (But I am a lifelong hypochondriac - I have diagnosed myself with pretty much every awful disease under the sun since I was a teenager) Anyway, I am 37 years old and have been married for 6 years.  Not to get too TMI, but I had only been with three people before him and always used condoms.  He is the first person I ever did not use condoms with, and we usually have sex once a week.   Back in 2008, I had my first ever abnormal pap come back as LSIL which totally terrified me.  I went and had a colposcopy done, and all was good but I was told I had HPV, and my doctor said not to worry since most people clear it and have no problems.  I had to go back every 6 months for a pap and they were all fine.  After that, all my yearly paps have been normal.   My last one was last May.  Also, I have never been on birth control, my husband got a vasectomy so we don't use anything.  So in February after doing "the deed" I used the bathroom and there was just a tiny bit of light pink spotting.  I totally freaked out, because I was not due for my period (which are always regular and no spotting in between.)  It happened again a few days later, so I made an appt with my gyno.  She looked at my cervix and said it looked fine except for a bit of blood hanging out because I had just gotten done with my period.  She said she though it could be ovulation spotting, even though I never had that before.  She did not do a pap since I am not due for that until May.  So it has not happened again until this past Sunday, and again it was just a little spot of pink on the toilet paper, nothing on my underwear or anything and then it was gone.  I have my yearly appt in two weeks for my annual check up and pap, but I am totally freaking out now because I saw these stories of women who had a normal pap and then a year later have cervical cancer!!!!   Has anyone had this kind of spotting just show up in their thirties and it was not anything horrible like cancer??  I am starting to spiral down into panic mode again and am really starting to freak out about this   :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pink spotting after sex? Really scared :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
We're the same age. I had an abnormal pap in 2000 and had the colposcopy thing, normal paps since. From what I understand Cervical C is very slow growing, I don't think you have to worry about that. Tell your OB at your appt. that you've still been having the spotting, don't let them blow it off - have it investigated to ease your mind. They will prob send you for an U/S to look for polyps. They are well known for causing spotting after sex. I have a couple polyps right now and am going to have them removed soon - eek! I have been assured that they are almost always benign in women our age. Anywho, just wanted to point out that there are benign reasons for spotting after sex. Try not to freak out too much - easier said that done, believe me I know!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline gypsymoon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pink spotting after sex? Really scared :-(
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »
Thanks for your response - I am going to just try to calm down until my appointment.  I guess when you start getting into your late thirties all kinds of fun stuff can happen that you never had to worry about before!  I am trying to reassure myself that other than that everything seems normal and my gyno said everything looked ok just last month.  I remember I was really scared about the colposcopy being painful but it was no big deal - I bet getting polyps removed will be the same.  Hopefully we will both get past all this stuff soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: