Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: dizzy on and off , feeling anxious, muscle twitching in left eye (2 days strt)  (Read 243 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
most of you have saw that I was off balance and dizzy since march 1st... this didnt FULL end but it did go away fro like 4 days.... up until 2 days ago.. now yesterday and today, CONSTANT i mean CONSTANT eye spasming in upper left eye lid... has no stopped besides for the breif second as if it was a pulse. It is very annoying. i am putting ice pack on it, massaging it, doing what i can.. not going away.  this is also with a strange light headed off balance feeling again and like a derealization feeling. also some times will mix up letters in my sentences when im talking... back to thinking that this is all horrendous again.. brain tumor or something.

i must say this eye twitching is VERY ANNOYING just as annoying as this off balance, dizzy feeling. how long can all of this last! it is driving me NUTTS
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Honestly, this is very similar to how I felt when I had an ear infection (this resolves itself if it's viral, if it is bacterial you should see your GP for antibiotics). All your symptoms could also be easily attributed to anxiety. I cannot think of a single serious illness that begins with eye-twitching and it is more than likely entirely benign. There's actually some evidence that points to fasciculations occurring during periods of illness (like an ear infection) or distress (simple anxiety).

I'll also add that if it is in fact an ear infection, it could take up to 6 weeks for your balance to completely normalize. Mine took 4 weeks.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I don't think I have anything wrong with my ears. I shouldn't be feeling this awful. Yesterday my vision seemed shaky like it would go left to right real fast on it's own when trying to read. And then eye twitching started and hasn't stopped. Yet I'm still off balance and man it was terrible after a two hour nap before! I feeel scared for no reason at all.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I also twitch in my eye.  All I have to do is blink too hard, or sneeze and it sets it off.  I also deal with speech issues, mainly when I am aware and anxious about them or I have a dry mouth.  Instead of saying white rock I said right wok today.

Eye twitches are so common...especially in the anxious, those not sleeping or drinking too much caffeine.  I would ask your doc for a Lyme test just to rule it out as that could be one real disease process outside of anxiety that could cause these symptoms.  Highly unlikely but worth a look.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i'm having all of these symptoms too, especially the lightheaded/derealization feeling like i can't concentrate. i keep worrying i'll suddenly black out or faint. the eye shakiness is a daily thing with me as well. very unsettling. but you aren't alone in feeling like this, and that always helps to know!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I also twitch in my eye.  All I have to do is blink too hard, or sneeze and it sets it off.  I also deal with speech issues, mainly when I am aware and anxious about them or I have a dry mouth.  Instead of saying white rock I said right wok today.

Eye twitches are so common...especially in the anxious, those not sleeping or drinking too much caffeine.  I would ask your doc for a Lyme test just to rule it out as that could be one real disease process outside of anxiety that could cause these symptoms.  Highly unlikely but worth a look.

I have had two ticks in me in my life. From fishing in the woods. One was in my arm and only in it for about 8 hours. Another was in the back of my neck for a few days. I had it removed at a hospital when I was like 13 years old. I  never got a bulls eye rash or anything. Im wondering if the doctor would have tested for lymes at that time? I dont remember. Maybe I should get tested again. Can I do from this?
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yes, you can get tested again.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I meant can I die from this? Lol.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Die from what you are experiencing?  It's most likely anxiety related...so no.  If you are talking about dying from Lyme...well yes in late stage Lyme that is possible.  I don't think that's what this is...but it's a good idea to get it checked out. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I too have had a constant off balance and dizziness. It really annoys me because it makes me stressed. I've been to the doctor multiple times and they don't know. It feels like I'm walking on a boat and that I am swaying.. this didn't start till after a really bad panic attack where I thought I was having a heart attack
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When my eye twitches, I notice it happens when Im dehydrated. Ill drink 2-3 bottled waters and it stops. Not sure if that's the relation, but it helps...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: