Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is me, here I am...  (Read 66 times)

Offline MamaLouie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This is me, here I am...
« on: April 26, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Hi,

I've been on this forum for awhile, but this is my first posting.  I am 35 year old mom of two beautiful girls aged 3 and 6 and a wife to a wonderful man. My anxiety all started in 2008 when both my husband and I lost our jobs at a company that when into bankruptcy.  My anxiety symptoms presented with feelings as if I was going to loss control and go crazy along with dizziness, sweats, chills, muscle tension, abdominal discomfort, tingling of the extremities, ect.  I was devastated and didn't know what was happening to my body. I eventually ended up at the ER and was given some Clonazapam and a referral to Psychiatric Assessment Clinic.  I ended up with counselling and working through the issues and weaning of the Clonazapam.  I was told it was situational anxiety. 

Four years later and I had a mental breakdown; more anxiety symptoms, 20 lbs of weight lost in 3 threes, I could keep anything down. I couldn't function.  In and out of the ER a few times with prescriptions for Luvox, Clonazapam and Ativan and referred back to the Psychiatric Assessment Clinic. Remeron was then added to my cocktail, which helped immensely. Now I have a diagnoses of Anxiety Disorder NOS, which I suspect is GAD. I started CBT which was helpful for me as well, and was able to wean off the benzo's.  One year later stable and 30 lbs over my normal weight I decided to wean off of the Remeron.  I was constantly eating...I think this drug blocks telling your brain that your full.   I surely had anxiety about weaning and the side effects but I was able to work through the process. 

Present day I am taking 50mg Luvox and for the most part managing any anxiety that arises.  In the last year I have taken up Bootcamp and quit smoking which has helped me a lot. In the last couple of weeks I can feel the anxiety creeping back in my life, the fact that I have stopped going to Bootcamp twice a week and have started the smoking habit again in the last month has brought me down and I try to tell myself that I need not to be so hard on myself.  I'm wondering if the Luvox is stating to poop out or if I need to increase my dosage? I have signed up for a Introduction to Mindfullness a 4 week seminar that I am attending today:))) I am commited to learning how to manage this disorder hopefully one day without the Luvox...

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is me, here I am...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything