Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bats/Rabies..again!  (Read 209 times)

Offline GADawg87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bats/Rabies..again!
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »
Once again, I'm having severe anxiety over the fact that I think that I've been bitten by a bat and have contracted rabies. Tonight, I was walking under my  carport at a brisk pace and I felt something sting my arm. I was in a rush and didn't turn around to inspect the area, but the light was on when the occurrence happened. Since I've been inside, I've noticed that the area has started to somewhat sting and I've noticed what appears to be the classic two bite marks (however, I'm not exactly sure). I didn't bleed at all from the site and I know that biting flies are quite common throughout Georgia. However, my anxiety about bats and rabies always makes me extremely tense during situations like this. I had the vaccine in June 2011 after I actually was bitten by a bat (the event that started my anxiety about bats/rabies), however I've read conflicting reviews about whether the vaccine lasts for two or three years. Regardless, I'm sure that my antibodies are higher than the average person..but I can't be sure and this not knowing always worries me constantly.. It always upsets me so bad whenever I get in these situations regarding my anxiety and I really have a hard time dealing with everything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bats/Rabies..again!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:31 AM »
I know absolutely nothing about bites but being from S.C. I know a little about those flies. It could have also been a wasp or yellow jacket. Which ever one stings and bites at the same time. Or one of several flying insects. Possibly a grasshopper. I got bit by a big green grasshopper one time. Shocked the hell out of me cuz I didint know they bit. I can definitely understand how you could become anxious about this especially since you were actually bitten by a bat. When I read the title I was expecting to read a post by someone who was just having an obsession about bats. Sorry your going through this and I hope you get some relief soon. Prayers your way.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline GADawg87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:12:01 AM »
Thank you so much for the kind reply! Whenever I was bitten by the bat, I actually fainted and have very little recollection of being rushed to the hospital other than the fact that the pain from the wound had a very numbing feeling. My arm has actually started to feel better and I'm starting to think that it was a biting fly (I've had a similar "bat" scare with what I'm pretty sure was a biting fly before), however having health anxiety always makes me question everything and at times I believe that I will become one of those obscure statistics. I honestly think that having a rabies/bats anxiety is one of the worst possible things due to the fact that there always seems to be so many variables present whenever a scare comes up. The only people that know that I have some form of health anxiety is my family and they view it as me simply being a hypochondriac.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Piamia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »
"..... and they view me as simply being a hypochondriac." There is absolutely nothing simple about it. If only there was.....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: