Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety, I feel like im going to die everyday!  (Read 432 times)

Offline puravida.andrew

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety, I feel like im going to die everyday!
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
My Name is Andrew

This all started the beginning on January 2014, I was driving to work and all a sudden, I started feeling chills and couldn't control my car I had to stop short and pull aside.

I never felt this way before and i was scared. I had to call 911 and they came to me and picked me up, i thought i was having a heart attack.

They did a ton of blood work and, chest scans also EKG.

Everything was normal. I went home and I was okay for a couple of hours.

Right before i was going to bed it all happened again, but even worse i was cold, nauseous, so weak and my heart was racing.

I couldn't handle it i was scared for my life.

Went to a different hospital and they did the same test the other hospital did and said everything looked good.

you would think after 2 Hospitals i would stop freaking out but nope.

Went to my doctor the next morning and made me go to a cardiologist, i was on a heart monitor for 4 days and also did a stress test. again he said i was a-ok.

I still freak out once in a while, but i would think if something was really wrong , they would have found out already.

but my mind wont accepted that i'm okay. its bad when i'm going to sleep cause i think that i am not going to wake up the next morning.

I hate this feeling.

i was never a fearful person or nervous at all.

I'm only 21 not the best health but have lost over 70 pounds since the end of January 2014.

I go to the gym 5 days a week and eat right now but i still gets the attacks and shiver for about 10-15 mins.

Looking to see if anyone had this issue.

Thank you,
Andrew

Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousgrl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety, I feel like im going to die everyday!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
Hey Andrew, I went through the same thing a couple of years ago. I was at work and started shaking uncontrollably and had heart palpitations, I thought I was having a heart attack. I went to the hospital and they told me I was fine. After this I went through a long period of insomnia because I wouldn't let myself fall asleep for the fear of not waking up. I am doing a lot better now, but still occasionally wonder what if it's not just anxiety, especially when I'm really stressed. So you are definitely not alone.

Hope this helped a bit!
Bookmark and Share

Offline puravida.andrew

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:46:01 AM »
Thank you for the reply.

This is on of the worst feeling ever i think.

I was on Medication for a month and stopped taking it cause it was not doing anything, and i'm only 21.

I had no side affects after i stopped which was good and i also told my doctor.

I just wish this panic attacks that feel like heart attacks would stop!

Also when it comes to eating, if i had no option to eat i would be okay some food just make me sick to my stomach.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
Panic is horrible because of its functioning. The whole reason it exists is to make you react... Its purpose is to never get easier. Because part of your brain literally thinks your life is in danger. That's why you get so scared - its trying to get you to confront or flee from whats causing your issues. The problem is, there is no cause. So you look for one. And will find it.

Panic attacks may well be the most terrifying thing possible for humans to go through. You hear stories from soldiers who say even being on a battle field was less terrifying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheLittleGenesis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »
I had my very first panic attack at 26 while I was at work, I (like a previous poster) thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die. I ended up in the ER, tests showed all was well, and I spent an entire weekend waiting to die until I saw my GP the following Monday who gave me a script for Ativan and told me I had had a panic attack.

I have dealt with panic and anxiety to different degrees for the last seven years. Some days/weeks/months, it is easy. Some days/weeks/months it is hard. Once you learn to control the panic and can recognize what is happening, it becomes a bit easier. I am a big believer in treating with the correct medication and using guided relaxation to try and give my mind a few moments' peace. It is so hard to live with this problem and I wish every day that this was not something I have to deal with, but it is. All we can do is our best to learn how to manage it. I would strongly suggest working with a counselor or psychiatrist to manage your panic - there is absolutely no reason you should have to just live with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kercare

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »
I can also relate with everyone else. I had my first panic attack when I was 22. I was at a restaurant with my family and suddenly felt very ill. I thought I was having a heart attack and immediately asked my parents to take me to the ER. They did an EKG, blood work, everything, and it all came back fine. Now I have been dealing with GAD, Panic disorder, and Agoraphobia for 8 years. It is awful. Unless someone has been through what we go through, they can not relate. We just have to take it day by day and hope and think for the best. Best wishes!   
Bookmark and Share

Offline t-panic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
You're not alone. My disorder started 2 years ago although I am now just coming to terms and understanding what I am dealing with. Just over a month ago now I had my worst attack yet. It was a Monday at work, back from a weekend with my family and wedding planning with my fiance. I was working as an estimator for a Construction Company which can be stressful in itself.

I was feeling uneasy all morning and by lunch I was getting chills, and shaking uncontrollably. I hadn't eaten anything yet so I decided to run out and grab a sandwich. I got back to the office and sat down to try and force some food into me. I couldn't do it. I convinced myself that I was just feeling sick and mustered up the guts to ask my supervisor if I could take the rest of the day off. I thought the relief of being able to go home would settle me down and in a haste I put my wrapped foot-long sandwich in the office mini fridge and got in my car to drive home.

Trembling, sweating and feeling nauscious I started making my 40 minute journey home. I was 2 minutes outside of my home town when my nerves got the best of me. I could feel pins and needles running through my hands to my fingertips on the steering wheel. My chest and back of my neck even started to feel like they were numb. I was breathing fast and my heart was pounding. I thought I was having a heart attack. I had to pull over. Once my car was safely stopped in the gravel shoulder I grabbed my phone and called 911. I was breathing so heavily while on the phone with the operator that my driver side window and windshield had fogged over. Although I was embarrassed and concerned for my life, lying on the stretcher knowing that I was going to the hospital took most of my symptoms away. After a chest x-ray, an ECG and a visit with the hospitals mental health councilor I was released.

Since March 24, I have not returned to work (never ended up eating that sub), I have a hard time driving and even leaving my apartment. I'm scared of what is happening to me but I am determined to get through it and figure it out. I am new on this forum and I hope that sharing will help me cope and find new techniques.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 11:19:56 PM »
You're not alone. My disorder started 2 years ago although I am now just coming to terms and understanding what I am dealing with. Just over a month ago now I had my worst attack yet. It was a Monday at work, back from a weekend with my family and wedding planning with my fiance. I was working as an estimator for a Construction Company which can be stressful in itself.

I was feeling uneasy all morning and by lunch I was getting chills, and shaking uncontrollably. I hadn't eaten anything yet so I decided to run out and grab a sandwich. I got back to the office and sat down to try and force some food into me. I couldn't do it. I convinced myself that I was just feeling sick and mustered up the guts to ask my supervisor if I could take the rest of the day off. I thought the relief of being able to go home would settle me down and in a haste I put my wrapped foot-long sandwich in the office mini fridge and got in my car to drive home.

Trembling, sweating and feeling nauscious I started making my 40 minute journey home. I was 2 minutes outside of my home town when my nerves got the best of me. I could feel pins and needles running through my hands to my fingertips on the steering wheel. My chest and back of my neck even started to feel like they were numb. I was breathing fast and my heart was pounding. I thought I was having a heart attack. I had to pull over. Once my car was safely stopped in the gravel shoulder I grabbed my phone and called 911. I was breathing so heavily while on the phone with the operator that my driver side window and windshield had fogged over. Although I was embarrassed and concerned for my life, lying on the stretcher knowing that I was going to the hospital took most of my symptoms away. After a chest x-ray, an ECG and a visit with the hospitals mental health councilor I was released.

Since March 24, I have not returned to work (never ended up eating that sub), I have a hard time driving and even leaving my apartment. I'm scared of what is happening to me but I am determined to get through it and figure it out. I am new on this forum and I hope that sharing will help me cope and find new techniques.

Thank you for sharing. I myself am a 33 year old male and been having panic attacks since I was 15. It gets better. Once you start to "understand" the problem and you recognize the signs and symptoms you don't panic. You know what it is and cope.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Tags: