Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: would i even know if there was something wrong with me?  (Read 120 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
would i even know if there was something wrong with me?
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:50:52 PM »
Everytime I do okay, I come back months later with problems.

This week hasn't been the best.
I went in for my yearly gyno appointment with a new doctor (i recently moved) on wednesday. he took my blood pressure at the beginning of the appointment, and then again at the end. He stated that it was high but that it was slowly going down a bit the second time that he took it. He asked me if I have ever had my blood checked for anything wrong with me. I expained that I was in the er after xmas last year for a panic attack and that they drew blood then, but really had no idea what they were looking for. I told him that I experience bad anxiety when I visit doctors offices, so he seemed to let it go.

Today, I was getting my nails done, and the woman who was sitting next to me was rambling about how her friend was feeling sick for a few weeks, went into the doctor, and found out she had stage 3 cancer. I also know about someone whos child had a strange thing in their eye, took them to the er, and they were diagnoased with a terrible cancer.

I am so beyond freaked about this stuff. I mean, there are times where I feel like I can hear and feel my heart beating out of my chest and like it's beating faster then normal, but my husband says it's just anxiety.

I mean do I need to be worried? How do you guys deal with this stuff and just tell yourself that what others are experiencing, is not what you are? I just always feel like eveytime that I write something off as anxiety, that it is just covering up something worse :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: would i even know if there was something wrong with me?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 06:27:05 PM »
The world is indeed scary. The odds of you not noticing something troubling you is small. Stop focusing on all the negatives in life and stay busy. Focus and do what makes you happy. If you're not already, consider a doctor who listens to you about the anxiety and also maybe consider some SSRI's. It's helped me. I'm 22 and worried about ALS. We don't rationalize things with HA...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: