Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon polyp pathology report UPDATE!!!  (Read 598 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Colon polyp pathology report UPDATE!!!
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:06:12 PM »
I thought since I have posted many times about this I would follow up with the final result. I got a call from the Gastro office today saying my colon polyp was a hyperplastic polyp which has ZERO cancer risk. Just a Benign growth that would always stay benign. No follow up needed. I was so relived. I was shaking when I saw the number on my phone. This has seriously controlled my life for 15 months and these last 2 weeks have been brutal on my anxiety. I am now going to take the time to really focus on controlling my anxiety to help better myself and my family. I am truly thankful that I found this group of people. I know I am not alone with this and I can change this if I want too.
I am already questioning pathology BUT I know that is what HA does. I will be seeking therapy.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon polyp pathology report UPDATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:12:10 PM »
PS I am sooooooooooooooo thankful I followed through with my colonoscopy. I advise anyone having rectal bleeding to have one. It's a breeze and it could save your life later down the road!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:25:09 PM »
While I am happy to hear that the pathology was benign, a follow up is needed in 5 years. If you have one polyp, you are at elevated risk to get more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:24 PM »
Thanks! I'm sure I will have a follow up just because of my anxiety! I did read hyperplastic polyps on the right side of the colon might have a small link to malignancy but reasearch is still being done. Mine was in my sigmoid, the most common place. The Gastro office is saying mine was totally completely benign so I'm trying to except that. My EGD pathology was also negative.

Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
Has all the bleeding stopped since polyp s been removed?  Did they say that was the cause of the bleeding?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
I have only had 2 BMs since Tuesday. Once was Wednesday night and oddly enough I was very constipated. I noticed what looked like red on the really hard stool but I also had pizza Tuesday night and that was the only thing on my colon some the cleanse so it could have been pizza sauce. I don't now of the polyp was bleeding or not but it was very vascular. I also had internal hems. I am going to stop looking at my stool now! I will say it will be hard not too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
I have only had 2 BMs since Tuesday. Once was Wednesday night and oddly enough I was very constipated. I noticed what looked like red on the really hard stool but I also had pizza Tuesday night and that was the only thing on my colon some the cleanse so it could have been pizza sauce. I don't now of the polyp was bleeding or not but it was very vascular. I also had internal hems. I am going to stop looking at my stool now! I will say it will be hard not too.

Soooo happy to her this!  Stopping to look is one of the best things you can do for yourself.  It will help break the cycle.  Retrain your brain.

You can totally do this.  Once the obsessions have stopped and you have good control of your anxiety, you'll realize it will be so worth it.  It's hard and scary to take control but you can do it!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
I am so happy to hear everything is good!  Very inspirational to know that all you have been through with your HA has lead you to a wonderful outcome. Congratulations on the good news, and best of luck on treating your anxiety :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
Woohoo! 

Now you have every opportunity to escape your health anxiety - you KNOW you're healthy!  Everything else is just your brain trying to mess with you.  You can do it! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 04:48:57 AM »
Thanks friends. It has brought great relief to me knowing I do not have CC after 15 months of agony and worry. I find myself wanted to not believe the pathology and I'm scared they messed up my results with someone else's or that my dr might have even missed something during the scope but I know it's my HA (I hope) I am just very thankful I followed through with the scope. I almost backed out. I would have still been in complete panic if I did.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
When I had my full on relapse because I thought I had conquered HA and stopped Celexa I thought the same thing about restarting…I hope it's not masking that something is really wrong.  It wasn't and now I'm sooo happy to be on the other side!

You can do this!!  One thing that helped me tremendously was journaling.  If I wrote it down, it seemed to calm me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
Just thought I would update that all of my rectal bleeding has stopped since the polyp was removed, however I'm also not  inspecting my stool like I was either. I have a feeling the polyp was causing most of the streaking BUT I think my hemorrhoids were also responsible for some too. Feels good to have out that CC fear to bed. Now I can focus on other irrational health concerns :/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: