Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Part of my problem - perpetual boredom  (Read 79 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Part of my problem - perpetual boredom
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »
I think one of the problems I have is that I am (and have been for a LONG time) perpetually bored.  For years (like 6?) I worked full time in an office where I seriously had nothing to do.  I sat with a computer in an office only having real work to do maybe an hour a week, at most.  But it paid well, and no one else would hire me, so I stayed.  And stayed.  Now I work in a coffee shop for just 3 hours a day but there are hardly any customers.  At home I find it impossible to get into anything.  I'm so tired of watching movies/tv because that's what I did at work for hours at a time.  I don't enjoy reading anymore.  I don't enjoy playing games.  When I'm home alone with my son I find myself constantly trying to find something to do with no luck.  Sometimes I clean the house, but then it's clean and there's nothing left.  And now, because of my anxiety, I'm afraid to do a lot of things, like go for a walk, or go to the park.  We're about to move to a better neighborhood where I actually could safely go out walking, but I'm afraid it'll give me a heart attack.  My attention span is completely shot at this point. 

I don't know how to fix this.  I feel caught in a cycle where the anxiety keeps me bored and the boredom makes me anxious. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Part of my problem - perpetual boredom
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
That is an interesting take on it. I find that when I have too much time on my hands my HA gets worse - actually paralyzingly. Keeping busy doing interesting and meaningful things is important. Maybe some counselling would be a good idea for you, just so you can enjoy your new home.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: