Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: lymph node???  (Read 172 times)

Offline zomighty

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lymph node???
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:20:38 AM »
Hey everyone,
The other day I was feeling my neck as you do and I found a lump when I bend my head down on the right side, its as if it is popping in front of my jaw bone. So of course I googled it and cancer was thrown around. I keep playing with it to see if there are any changes. I feel it has grown only a small amount. It's sort of hard and I can only move it up and down. 
I had a mild cold a week ago.

Please help  :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
Re: lymph node???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
I have a hard lymph node right now myself. I won't be seeing my doctor for two weeks. The wait is killing me!

First and foremost I would tell you DO NOT GOOGLE IT. That'll send you into a couple of panic attacks and crying bouts for sure. It's just not worth the stress. From what I've been told swollen lymph nodes are very normal when infections are present. Your cold most likely triggered it, as they can happen even weeks later.
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lymph node???
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:07:06 PM »
I've had a swollen lymph node coming up from 3 months. I believe that it will never go back down as I have poked/prodded it so much that it will just be a shotty node. But honestly just a swollen lymph node can mean MANY things and please don't go straight to cancer. My doctor told me that there was nothing abnormal to feel so I am kinda living off that and as he knows what he's doing,I should believe it. Don't play with it and just leave it alone,hopefully it should go back to normal x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: hypochondria