Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help!!!!!!  (Read 88 times)

Offline outdoor freak

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help!!!!!!
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:18:01 AM »
Hi im new here and in the last year and a half my life has just went south due to anxiety .im a 30 year old male I guess my story starts by I would have intrusive thought about what if that what if seemed to be everything weather it was what happened if a deer run out in front of me what if someone crossed the line I always caught myself thinking what if then I had my first child and it got worse I was always thinking the what ifs like what if something happened to me and she didn't have a dad it really got to me .I was laid off shortly after she was born and I was the stay at home dad changing diapers doing it all as my wife worked and of course when she came home I was like an outsider all the time was spent with our daughter I slept alone and seemed to have no one then I went back to work and worked an off shift and didn't get to see my wife and kid at all still really felt no stress it was good to be back to work providing for my family .next chapter in my life if where I felt the change .with all that was going on in my life I found out one of my best friends had cancer and was likely not going to make is he passed in august and I had a lot of regret due to hunting trips I put off due to getting married and starting a family .now I started thinking to myself what if I have cancer what will my wife and kid do without me but yet I wasn't full blown anxiety .so a month after he passed my other good hunting buddy I grew up with was diagnosed with the same cancer now I started feeling the symptom I noticed myself getting shortness of breath at times and gasping for air getting sweaty ect  .well as he lay dying a horrible death I find out my mom has cancer now it seems like my life is spirialing out of control I work a swing shift its hard to sleep during the day lack of sleep never seeing my wife and kids .well he loses his battle and my mom beats cancer .well now the horror begins  I was sitting at my lap top one night doing some work and my screen went blurry heart started racing I was confused my legs and arms went limp i couldn't breathe i thought for sure i was going to die .after about an hour i was fully out of it and i felt so drained and tired i couldn't get out of bed .the next day i go to work i feel fine i pull up to the gate to go into the prison for a job and bam its on again the same thing as the night before so i turn around and go home to bed i feel fine like nothing happened .that evening my wife and kid get home all is good till she starts crying and crying and crying and crying then bam full blown again .so i have her to me in they send me home with Xanax and say im having a panic attack  my symptoms are all the signature anxiety attack symptom ringing in the ears ,hot cold flashes ,chest pain ,shoulder pain brain fog ,blurred vision ect . so i go to my doc the next day and he puts me on Prozac and i was on it for the past year the side effects were horrible in the beginning well throughout the whole time on them i was tired achey ,fatigue but no attacks  but could never shake the thoughts that i was going to die of cancer or i have a heart issues still to this day i cant.im a big outdoorsman and i couldn't even bring myself to hunt due to such remorse of taking an animals life  ive had crying outbursts also i feel like i don't know whats going. its been a year and a half since my big panic attacks and i went off my meds and now dealing with the side effects of that but 8hanging in there .im and yet a stay at home dad again but now to 2 kids and i feel my anxiety coming back do to the bordom of sitting home all day thinking about all the stuff i should and could be doing and the crying kids are getting to me making me feel the anxiety all the effects are coming back but not the big panic attacks and it terrifys me that the big attack is right around the corner im getting fidgety ,indigestion ,chest pain tons of muscle tension  brian and body zaps ect  it just seems like every thing is just a huge burdon and i have so much on my plate   

my question to all of you is do i really have an anxiety disorder and if so what kind do i have  and can you tell me some of the off the wall physical symptoms you have had

thank you
ps sorry for the horrible punctuation       
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »
Simple fact is that you need something extra in your life. A hobby or something of interest. Something you can fit in, in between looking after the kids. So you haven't got all that free time to sit there thinking about yourself. That is focusing inwardly and is bad for you. It is that side of things you need to learn how to stop. Maybe ever begin to keep a journal or an online blog. Somewhere you can write all your thoughts down. It can be easier to look back over things we write and see where the changes have to made. We might not see them at the time. Until we read our words back. It is clear you need some form of help. Therapy of some form. If you can't afford therapy maybe a good self help work book and do your own therapy. Even have a look on you tube for videos that might be able to help you out. There are loads. All useful. I seriously just think your life is lacking some form of shape. Once you put that shape in your life things might begin to come together for you. It is always hard when we lose friends. But that never means we will go the same way. Easy to think that way when you are feeling down. But this is were a journal would help. Irrational thoughts versus rational thoughts. You dying of cancer is an irrational thought. Just try and put a bit of structure in your life.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Piamia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
I echo the first reply - find something to do, something you enjoy and that makes you feel good :yes:
That's step no 1. Then, if your economy allows it, try seeing a counselor, therapist or the like. If you see a psychologist who has a cognitive approach, you will receive homework and practise getting rid of yourspinning thoughts.
I wish you all the best.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything