Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Prozac  (Read 117 times)

Offline Boo.

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Prozac
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
I was prescribed with Prozac this week and I'm scared to death to start taking it because I might have a bad reaction or be allergic to it.

I don't have any medicine allergies that I know of, but my health anxiety has made me start worrying about foods and medications. I used to eat whatever and take whatever without a worry, but now I avoid new foods and medication at all costs.

I'm saving it until Saturday so I can take it when I have a family member home with me so if something bad happens, they'll be there. I have a feeling I'm gonna have so much anxiety after taking it, I'll end up convincing myself that something terrible is happening from it (when in fact, it's just my panicking and worrying).

Sorry, I just needed to vent. I hope that once I do start taking it, it'll help make me better. This is the worst!! :/
Bookmark and Share
"Just keep swimming..."

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prozac
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:30:59 AM »
Been there, worried about that!  But I have to say I've been on many medications and never had a bad reaction, unless you count a rash from an antibiotic when I was in first grade! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Boo.

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:17:09 AM »
Been there, worried about that!  But I have to say I've been on many medications and never had a bad reaction, unless you count a rash from an antibiotic when I was in first grade! 

Thank you :) That does make me feel better... I've never really had a bad reaction to a medication like that either. I keep going back and forth between "it's never happened before" and "but there's a first time for everything," so we'll see. The rational part of me knows nothing is gonna happen (but the hypochondriac part of me sometimes wins. lol).
Bookmark and Share
"Just keep swimming..."

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:30:53 AM »
I just started taking prozac a few weeks ago. For what it's worth, the only SE I had was a slightly dry mouth for like a week. I've definitely felt that anxiety that accompanies popping an unfamiliar medication, but honestly the only bad reaction I've ever had was the anxiety itself. Wait until Saturday if it makes you comfortable, but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Tags: