Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Body Temp Question  (Read 144 times)

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Body Temp Question
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
My temperature is scaring me. It's 99.5 and I caught it at 100 when I was lying down on my bed wearing a sweatshirt. I stood up and took off my sweatshirt and it was 98.7. When I lye down on my bed it goes back up to 95 ! I have a sore throat but I feel fine.. not like I have a fever. I just checked it because I was curious.. I just got over my hr monitor anxiety.. I am afraid of checking my temp because I don't want to make a habit out of it. Is this normal? I don't feel sick.
Bookmark and Share

Offline needanswers11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Body Temp Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »
Temperature can vary throughout the day and can depend on your environment, food/drink, and a number of other things. I had to remind myself this just the other day when my temperature was "off". Guess what it was? 99.5. In fact I was at the doctor the other day to get out of a test and my reading was the same. I was worried because it "actually" was high so at the end of my visit I asked if I should keep an eye on my temp and they said no, it's not a fever.

I was pretty alarmed at those numbers because my temp is usually low 97s. I did feel warm which contributed to my anxiety. Why was I so hot?? Must my body cooking to fight off a terrible infection like meningitis. I have thought this before...

But I sit with those feelings and try to wait for them to pass or come up with alternative thinking. Like, "oh, well it is significantly hotter out today than it has been the last few weeks - it's getting close to summer."

By the way, I too am guilty of having an hr monitor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
Temperature can vary throughout the day and can depend on your environment, food/drink, and a number of other things. I had to remind myself this just the other day when my temperature was "off". Guess what it was? 99.5. In fact I was at the doctor the other day to get out of a test and my reading was the same. I was worried because it "actually" was high so at the end of my visit I asked if I should keep an eye on my temp and they said no, it's not a fever.

I was pretty alarmed at those numbers because my temp is usually low 97s. I did feel warm which contributed to my anxiety. Why was I so hot?? Must my body cooking to fight off a terrible infection like meningitis. I have thought this before...

But I sit with those feelings and try to wait for them to pass or come up with alternative thinking. Like, "oh, well it is significantly hotter out today than it has been the last few weeks - it's getting close to summer."

By the way, I too am guilty of having an hr monitor.

Thanks for the reply. I to think I have meningitis right now.. My HR is elevated and is now 83 bpm! It is usually 65.. I drank some ice water and its down to 97.6.. I hope I don't get the flu or worse,... 
Bookmark and Share

Offline needanswers11

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:56:39 PM »
I'm not actually convinced I have meningitis right now, but I have been in the past. My point was, I was totally convinced of it - and it turns out I didn't have it. And my heart rate tends to rise when I'm anxious. A very common reason for someones temperature to be slightly elevated is dehydration. Are you drinking enough water? This happens to me sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
I actually drink a lot of water.. I don't think its meningitis actually.. I have no headache.. So yeah. And I don't think its the flu.. my temp is still 98.. I am hoping this passes.. Do you have a headache? The migraine force headache is the hallmark of meningitis. My ex gf had it.. It's one of those where you don't think something is wrong, you know something is..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: