Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This place is a comfort.  (Read 102 times)

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Rec's: 1
  • They don't think it be like it is but it do.
    • Poke This Member
This place is a comfort.
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
My anxiety seemed to begin when I moved into my own apartment for the first time about two years ago. I had never lived on my own and I guess all the added responsibility freaked me out. But that anxiety was nothing compared to the last six months. Within these six months I've developed insane health anxiety to the point of being completely miserable and unable to function in life when I have the smallest infection (which I'm being treated and monitored for). My grades have been slipping. I fell off the Dean's Honor Roll. I don't partake in my hobbies. I started seeing a psychologist this week, and I'm hoping that'll help put me back on track to feeling like I'm in control of my life again.

If there's one thing about anxiety, it's that it can make a person feel so incredibly alone. When I'm at school I stare at my friends and imagine how nice it must be to be them, not to have any worries or cares. How I wish I just wasn't me anymore. But this forum has helped me find a community that understands these feelings. 

Anyway, before this starting running my life I was a carefree young adult. I enjoyed drawing and writing. I'm currently working on a degree for animation. I loved to read and play video games. I hope one day to find joy again.
Bookmark and Share
In the scheme of things it doesn't matter much.~

Offline SteveY1082

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This place is a comfort.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »
Hi there.
We seem to have a lot in common, with hobbies and the way you feel.  I'm new here and hoping to find the same results you are. I to enjoy writing and video games! Lol.
I also look at my friends and see them carefree and remember what that was like. It really is depressing..

Here's to hopefully you finding the answers you're looking for, me too!

Steve
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:05:43 AM »
Nice to meet you! Maybe we should exchange stories sometime, help each other get writing again!

What games are you playing right now? I'm currently on Skyrim, again. I can't seem to put the Elder Scrolls down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
I feel similar as you do.

Life truly is a scary thing, all the responsibilities and all that come with it. Nobody ever tells you when you grow up that you'll have to 'parent' yourself, so once you are flushed out into what folks call the 'real world', it's nuts.

But understand that you are certainly not alone. I've found that humor of any kind helps me when I'm in a funk and over-stressing. Might sound cliche, but it's true. Finding anything to laugh about and just think, soon after, "Ah, jeez, this isn't such a big deal" is the typical route.

Much happiness and positive thoughts to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline zephyrhill

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »
Nice to meet you.  Like you i'm new here and for the past few years my life hasn't been the same due to my worrying about my health.  I think this board will help us both.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProofAutumn8246

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »
It makes me feel safer to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way, that it IS normal and I'm still okay.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: