Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Miracle supplement for OCD  (Read 535 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Miracle supplement for OCD
« on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
Hi everyone!
For once this time my post won't be at all anxious, because I've recently found a natural B vitamin supplement that absolutely cured me of the major OCD and anxiety issues I've had since age 6. I figured I'd share it with you all, as I (my parents, my psychiatrist, and my doctor all as well) believe that this supplement is a miracle cure for any kind of OCD, anxiety, or depression issues.

It's called inositol. I know some of you may be aware of it, yet you may not have looked into it that much or something of the sort, but let me tell you, it's 100% worth it! I tried out Zoloft a few months ago and had an absolutely HORRIBLE experience, I was as sick as a dog and the medication started the beginning of the toughest  and most grueling 6 months of my life. I won't get into details as it's way too much, but it's my first year of high school, which proved to take a toll on my OCD, and I became so absolutely focused on solely my OCD that I ended up developing comorbid depression, and I seriously believed that my life was crashing and burning (clearly not, but that's what my intrusive thoughts told me!)

Anyways, starting inositol was the decision of my mom, who has endlessly been searching for a cure for me to finally be free of this lifelong issue, and after 6 months of absolute terror, I was just about ready to try anything. Despite the skepticism of my therapist and my doctor, we started the inositol. I started on only 700 mg of the powered form, and by the second day, I already saw changes. My mood was elevated, I didn't have as many intrusive thoughts, I just felt relaxed. By the 4th day, I felt almost COMPLETELY relaxed- no feelings of panic, no symptoms of anxiety (psychical or mental), no mental checking compulsions, and almost none intrusive thoughts. I regained all of my motivation lost for life in general during those 6 months, and I immediately felt as if I could finally get my life back on track (as in once again being able to hang out with all of my friends, get up my grades back to honor roll standards, eat healthier, get back into sports) and I seriously felt as if a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. Compared to the past years where I would miss endless days of classes because I was too anxious to go, I have missed NO classes in the past 2 weeks, which I haven't done in years. I feel energized and optimistic, and it's wonderful. My anxious thoughts are few and far between, and when they do arise, I'm able to be realistic and they quickly bounce off, giving me the power to stop my anxiety before it escalates. I additionally haven't had a panic attack ever since I started inositol, and it's truly amazing. My therapist and friends even commented on how I seemed to have a less troubled, happier looking demeanor, as they had seen me look troubled 24/7 every day for the past 6 months. I wish I could explain how much better I feel in words, or how much of a relief this is after struggling for 10 years with major anxiety- but I can't. It's indescribable in the best way.

Now I don't want to go around spreading false information, as there's always a chance that inositol can have different effects on everyone just as medication does, so it's always best to talk to your doctor first, but I seriously just wanted to share how much success I've had with inositol, and I finally have something that has cured my anxiety faster than any other method ever has (medication/CBT/ERP) without ANY side effects. It literally has shown absolutely no side effects. I've only seen positive reviews of this supplement, so if you're suffering, please look into it, because there's NO reason to suffer when this is available.

If you've tried inositol, don't hesitate to share your experience, I'd love to hear! :)
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline StudentOfHope

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Miracle supplement for OCD
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
Hey Emma,

(If this is your name?!)

I was so happy to read your post, as it sounds like this supplement has been helping you out and you've been given your life back!  You're starting high school and have some fun times (and not-so-fun times) ahead- and the last thing you need is to be weighed down so heavily with anxiety/compulsions, etc.. that you'd named.

So, I hope that it is working even better now that some additional time has passed, and that you've been able to use some CBT tools to compliment the supplement you've found!

Best Wishes,
Andrea
Bookmark and Share

Offline StudentOfHope

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »
 :spineyes:

Okay, that was super silly, but I hope I got a short smile out of you first.  I just read your most recent post.  You must be feeling a lot of different emotions, but what I am mainly reading from your post are two really important ones that stick out for me.  But first, I want to acknowledge the difficulty that you're going through with the ups and downs of anxiety and many emotions.  You've gone through so many levels of treatment with not-so-great results.  It must be super frustrating and honestly, just plain suck.

So honestly, the depression has to go.  It has to be treated first... and so, supplements or maybe a different SSRI (since Zoloft was so crappy for you) should be front line treatment.  I think that if you let your body's chemistry succumb to a bump up in the happy chemicals (called Serotonin) then you can definitely work from there to decrease anxiety!   I can't remember whether you'd said you are working on the depression at this point, but Emma, I hear a lot of sadness and loss of interest in your posts, and you're really an interesting girl with (it sounds to me) a lot of talents!!

It is so easy for any one of us to sit here and say snap out of it, you're too young, hold on, etc..  Sometimes our bodies need a power-up from either supplements (like the Vitamin B supplement you were taking) or, from a class of drugs that work on depression and anxiety.  That might scare you (completely understandable after hearing what happened with Zoloft) but, what if you found a different one that worked for you, for now?!  Would you be willing to give it a shot?  Just wondering?!

Outside of your sadness, I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you're going through with your parents, as that must feel really awful too.  Without knowing more about you/your family, I am hearing that you feel guilty.  It makes sense that you'd feel this way.  But, ask yourself, can you control your dad's emotions?  What if he were to think about his reactions to you, do you think he'd want to react the way he has?  On and on.... I could really ask a zillion questions.

I think it is so important to consider that we (As individuals) actually only control ourselves and our own emotions.  We can't actually "make" another person feel one way or another.  We can definitely push for a reaction, but, the reaction that comes out is the end result of how he or she is used to feeling.

Like, if you think about my smiley face at the beginning of this page- think about your reaction when you first saw it.  My intent was to make you smile.  But, you could have smiled, laughed, frowned, cried, got irritated, rolled your eyes...etc.... right?  My point being, your reaction is definitely not something I control.   Maybe it will help to think about that with respect to your parents too.

Of course I am simplifying so much and don't meant to.  It is hard to have a real conversation with someone who doesn't know me and whom I don't know either.  But I can still feel empathy for what you're going through, and I really do hope that you find some help that will be continuous and provide you relief from all you're going through. 

Best Wishes,
-A

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
I haven't looked into the product, but if it is niacin (as niacinamide) then I have heard a lot of good things about it, including in regards to OCD. I take 500mg slow release of niacinamide daily to help boost mitochondrial function for my ME. It can also treat a number of other health problems. Best to just take it at one time of day, however, as the liver needs a break from niacin - it can assist sleep so nighttime is good.

If we're talking supplements, I also recommend to those who are interested an ayuverdic herb called ashwagandha. I use the Planetary Herbs one because it is full spectrum rather than a standardised extract.

Anti-inflammatories such as curcumin can do wonders too. And cutting out refined sugar and gluten is also an immense boon to mental (and physical) health. I eat a paleo diet and have found it to be great in addressing inflammatory issues.

Finally, just to add ot StudentOfHopes's post, supplements and SSRIs can be the frontline, but I would also suggest you apply a full-spectrum approach (not that s/he was suggesting otherwise). So engaging in a regular meditative practice, exercise, etc., are highly beneficial. The following webpage can give you an indication of what has helped other people. Think of it as quantified anecdotal evidence:

http://curetogether.com/anxiety/treatments/

Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 09:54:51 PM »
Where did you get the inisitol?
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Tags: