Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Deep breathing causing me to feel lightheaded  (Read 462 times)

Offline melissas080

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Deep breathing causing me to feel lightheaded
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
Taking slow feel breaths is making me feel lightheaded instead of better. Been really short of breath all day, even talking or singing causes me to feel funny . I'm convinced I'm dying for sure . I feel like I almost die 100 times a day and I'm exhausted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deep breathing causing me to feel lightheaded
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:15 AM »
You are not dying. What you mention can happen to some people. Some people can breathe in the correct way. Others can't. What you mention sounds more like hyperventilation. Too much air taken in too quickly. I know you say they are slow breaths. I would have a look on you tube for videos that will show you how to do it the right way. Some people can get it right. For others it simply throws them right off and makes them worse. So it is not for everybody. It certainly won't cause you to die. No fear of that at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline arwashington

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deep breathing causing me to feel lightheaded
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:30 AM »
You could breath that way until you were 80 plus and it would not kill you. It is uncomfortable but not dangerous. I use to have patients that would feel like this when I had them breath deep to listen to their lungs. It's an anxiety symptom and an annoying one. Check your diaphragm to see if it's moving when you breath in and out, if its barely moving but your chest is rising up and down with your breathing than you are chest breathing and causing the feeling. The more you struggle the more you will feel that way, but as stated not a dangerous thing. Hope it passes soon.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: