Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: intrusive thoughts and catastrophization are really affecting my life.  (Read 172 times)

Offline thewalkindude

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am plagued by a need to check the news headlines to make sure nothing bad happened. On a good day, this could only be once or twice, nothing out of the ordinary. On a bad day, it could be every ten minutes, depending on what's going on. The past couple of weeks have been bad. I'm suffering under the belief that we are on the brink of WW3, and Russia is going to start it, or use nuckear weapons or somethung. I can't stand being so anxious all the time, but I don't know how to fix my news compulsion.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikeyw92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When my anxiety started I was exactly the same when everything was happening in Syria and Russia said if America invaded they would help Syria. I used to sit all day googling Syria war on my phone looking for the worst news and in the end no world war happend even a lot of news and newspapers reported to it being close to kicking off. The news exaggerate a lot of things to grab the viewers attention. If the report came on and said nothing much going on in the Ukraine then you would turn over so they use headlines like Ukraine crisis: Russia on the brink of an all out world war. I've stopped myself from watching news there's always something bad going onion the world to talk about that will get you anxious so try to stay away from it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: