Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trapped  (Read 69 times)

Offline Bee123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trapped
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
Hi  :action-smiley-065:
I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for as long as i can remember, even as a young child. I recently started university and the social anxiety is just paralyzing me. I can't walk into a lecture without panicking that everyone is staring at me. I don't have any friends because I can't talk to anyone and if they talk to me i come across as awkward or rude when i'm not, i'm just anxious. the uni is sending me letters saying my attendance is bad but i feel trapped like i can't do anything. i don't want to disclose my mental health to anyone incase they can hold it against me in terms of exchange student applications and things like that. they only accept people with a good mental health.
I hate anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Piamia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trapped
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »
Hello Bee,
I have been teacher of a few students with severe social anxiety. I understand where you are comIng from, but perhaps it would be a good idea to go on anxiety meds for a while so that you can manage classes and not lose your place at uni. Also, perhaps you could speak to a counselor about your issues. I don't know your specific situation, but I think most lecturers would have an understanding if they knew what was going on.
Just don't withdraw from the world. Life has more to offer than social isolation. Take care. See if there's a group at your uni who face the same challenge as you.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trapped
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:21:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: