Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Not understanding  (Read 149 times)

Offline Bee123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Not understanding
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:35 AM »
I have been with my partner for a number of years. I know this may sound selfish and like i'm blaming him but i believe he causes alot of my panic attacks.
He delibrately puts me in situations where he knows i am uncomfortable and will have a panic attack and then when i do he just yells at me to stop freaking out and im being stupid and i'm "stuffed in the head". He refuses to go to therapy with me because he believes i'm the one with the issue not him and its not fair that he goes. Dont know what to do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taz0123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not understanding
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
Hi Bee,

I've had this problem with former friends, and I know just how stressful and horrible this can feel.

For me putting my foot down with them was the best thing in the long run. I felt like I was being bullied by this person, and I truly was being treated that way. They wanted to make me into this...person, who was more convenient for them to be around and deal with than being genuinely supportive/concerned or a good friend.

I got to the point where I felt miserable to be around them, to even think about them, and I didn't care if we weren't friends anymore but I just wanted to be treated like a person again.

So for me I stood up to them, spoke my mind and told them to stop being a a$$hole, treat me like a person or this was goodbye. I don't recommend fighting back at a first resort, but definitely tell them what you feel. If they brush you off, or don't think about how you feel, then there is something wrong if you're the only one in the relationship who is trying to be a good person to the other.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: