Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Still worried about back pain/sciatica symptoms  (Read 133 times)

Offline Mamakinrocks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Still worried about back pain/sciatica symptoms
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Hello,
It has been 6 weeks since I had a sudden onset of, what I assume is, sciatica. I was in extreme pain for approx two weeks....primarily in my left lower buttock and my left quadriceps and knee. I also experienced a lot of quadriceps spasming. Now that the acute phase is over, I still have left quad pain and weakness, some lower back pain and a decreased sense of sensation in my knee. I have been going to PT for sev weeks. While I have improved, I still have significant symptoms. Today, I have some symptoms on my right side, which I didn't have before! Of course, my mind is going into overdrive....thinking spinal tumor, ovarian cancer, etc. Sciatica pain is a symptom of another problem. I have never had back pain prior to this. I am a 56 yr old female, dedicated to fitness and  I am of thin build. I know that sciatica can last a long time, but it does seem to be that most cases resolve in 4-6 weeks. I tried to run yesterday and it did not go well at all. I should probably have an MRI, but I know that I will be a wreck, waiting for the results. Anyone else with a similar sciatica experience? If so, how and when did it resolve? Thanks for listening to my concerns, yet again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Still worried about back pain/sciatica symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm a 62 year old male, thin build, jogger, who has had left sciatic pain on and off, but mostly on, since last September.  The fact that it went away for 2 weeks around Christmas told me it must not be something serious, like a tumor, as that would not have gone away for 2 weeks.  In January it came back and I went to my primary care doctor who sent me for an x-ray which showed normal aging of the spine, but nothing remarkable.  However, the x-ray revealed a 1 inch kidney stone I did not know I had and which now needs to be surgically removed.  My obsession over the kidney stone surgery has lessened my sciatic pain tremendously.
I only half-seriously suggest that you find something else to worry about and your sciatic pain will miraculously diminish.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: