Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: In fear 24/7  (Read 97 times)

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
In fear 24/7
« on: April 23, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
I'm in constant fear of dying,every minute if the day. I can't even think properly because all I think about is 'what if I'm dying' or something. Since the start of this year I was convinced I had breast cancer and a brain tumor. I have since moved on from then and have now convinced myself I have lymphoma and have started getting scared over 2 moles I have. Is this just general hypochondria? Moving on from one thing to another? I just want to feel better,does it ever get better?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline dvst8u

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: In fear 24/7
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
That's exactly how I felt and continue to feel.  I went from lung cancer, to pancreatic cancer and when all those test came back normal I've now convinced myself I have stomach or oesophageal cancer and afraid to go in for more tests.  I've been a hypochondriac for some time but was able to put my mind at ease for over 13 years before it hit me again and after reading Dr. Google.  I'm thinking of going to CBT and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »
You should be careful. When you're scared all the time, you might end up accidentally seeing a grister. http://youtu.be/FztuiSqZPMg

Anyway I deal with my fear by listening to creepy things or reading them. it gives me an outlet I have total control over, something to focus those feelings on. i wish I'd figured this out years ago. Trying to push the fear away doesnt work. You have to do something with it. Fictional scary stories are fantastic.

And hey, if it doesnt work? Not like you could get any worse since you're already constantly afraid. may as well give it a try right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:21:58 PM »
It's honestly dreadful. It feels like I won't ever be normal again and no one under stand how I feel!! It really gets to me and I don't even bother telling anyone anymore as all they do it shrug it off as this has happened before. Totally given up,you know???
Bookmark and Share

Tags: