Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Migraines - What do you guys use to help? Discuss.  (Read 392 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Migraines - What do you guys use to help? Discuss.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »
I am 45 years old and have been having migraines with an aura since I was in high school.  As I've gotten older, I've noticed that they are not as severe as when I was a teenager.  I have been prescribed an oral medication which didn't really help along with a nasal spray which didn't help much either.

The only thing that helps me and stops the migraine in its tracks is Excedrin Migraine.  I never go anywhere without it.  The minute an aura starts, I take just one (the dosage is two but I find one works) and once the aura stops, the headache never develops.  The only time the Excedrin doesn't help is if it's a hormonal headache.  That will last a couple of days and the Excedrin will only lessen the pain but not stop it.

If you haven't tried Excedrin Migraine, you should.  Something about the caffeine, aspirin, acetaminophen combination that works wonders.  :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: migraine aura