Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnant with Health Anxiety, anyone to talk to?  (Read 151 times)

Offline rikita

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pregnant with Health Anxiety, anyone to talk to?
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »
Hi,

I am pregnant and have health anxiety. I have had it for over 10 years. I am off my medication due to the pregnancy and some days are ok and some days are not. Anyone who has been in the same situation or is right now? Any tips? What helped you through? It would be great to find a friend to talk about this :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant with Health Anxiety, anyone to talk to?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
Hi! I'm 12 weeks pregnant and have bad health anxiety. I'm convinced I have lymphoma. I'm still on my 10mg of lexapro as my OB says the benefits outweigh the (unknown) risks. I do know I'll have to stop in the 3rd trimester ( if I live that long, see how my mind works?) , due to lexapro possibly causing heart problems in babies of that age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline legs11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »
Hi there,

I have been in the same situation as you when I was pregnant with my third child 6 years ago. On advice from my psychatrist and family doctor I went back on my meds when I was 20 weeks (my baby was born perfectly healthy). What I said to myself to get through it was 1. Take one day at a time.... 2. My baby needs me to be calm. I didnt want to look back and regret not enjoying my pregnancy. Keep your mind busy by planning a nursery, washing baby clothes, thinking about how your baby will look. I promise you will come out the other side. Think about the miracle that is growing inside you.
Good Luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »
I am 15 weeks pregnant and suffer from HA. Right now I am worried about breast cancer but I won't get into that right now. My first trimester was consumed with worry that I'd lose the baby, as I had a miscarriage 2 years ago. I am taking 25mg of Xanax because I tried going off it two years ago when I was pregnant and I was a complete mess. I think being pregnant makes HA worse as you not only have your health to worry about, but the baby's (although they say you never stop worrying about your children so I guess it will be like this from now on!).
Anyway, I am here if you need to talk!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rikita

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:31 AM »
Hi ladies, thank you for your answers! And thank you for offering your support! I have been fine for months and now (at 31 weeks), I feel like a wreack again :( I am worried that my anxiety and stress will hurt the baby. I have also lost my appetite, but I force myself to eat. I have therapy tomorrow, that always clears my head :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: