Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Its been so long since I was here! My first MS anxiety, any help please?  (Read 232 times)

Offline bhandley

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Im not actually relaxed I just like having a cat
    • Poke This Member
I have basically developed a twitch in my right eye, but it only twitches when I blink hard, like when I yawn or sneeze or y'know... blink hard to see whether its still twitching.  The thing thats also scaring me is that it appears to have spread slightly down my face onto the top of my cheek - where my orbit ends, but on the cheek its constant and ridiculously light and fluttery.
I dont know whether I caused it to spread because I have been blinking hard for 4 days now to constantly see if the twitch has gone yet. This all started 5 days ago and its still going on!

I am seriously freaked out. I did speak to my doctor and he said MS usually presents with optic neuralgia and told me to take beta blockers for a week to see if I can calm down to see if that gets rid of the twitch but a week is soooo long. I am uncomfortable and despite my best efforts have been unable to relax. Im used to worrying about cancer and know far too much about it but MS is something I dont really understand too much and I dont have the opposing side of the argument going on in my head so I am running riot with this.

Any MS pros have any advice or words of wisdom from GPS and Neuros they have spoken to?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Bumping coz I still need some help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You don't symptoms of MS. Your symptoms are anxiety related...benigb fasciculation syndrom and even if it goes for a month it will still be anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Thank you. I sure hope so, I'm really nervous about how its kind of spread down to my cheek, it feels heavy there and I keep feeling like its pulsing constantly but really minutely so I can barely feel it it just feels like somethings there.

I have also developed a twitch in my left quadricep above the knee ish, but that one comes and goes.

I've never really twitched unless tired so this is doing a number on my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I started twitching last year when I was 28. It can start anytime, and when it does it is hard ti stop since anxiety basically feeds it. I don't pay attention to them now, since it is nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for your input.

I read somewhere that if you can see the twitch its ok, but if you can feel them but cant see them its almost always some neuro nasty, and while i can see the one on my eye lid, i can feel stuff going on in my cheek a few minutes after and I cant see any movement there. Its such a small fluttering in the cheeks you cant see it and you can barely feel it, but its there and so it concerns me that its a neurological problem.

Sorry for all the replies but I am still somewhat freaked out having no experience worrying about neuro issues. Its a first for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stop reading online bulls*it. I've had recently twitches in calf which were pretty much constant and I couldn't see them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
I had to laugh at your bluntness. Thanks for the virtual slap.

I actually had an appointment with my doctor today so I brought it up, and he debunked the whole if you cant see it then its not benign thing. The twitch seems to be getting better. Hopefully my nerves will calm down soon.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: