Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety making me tired and sick-like?  (Read 193 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety making me tired and sick-like?
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »
So you guys know I've been a mess lately, my anxiety has been taking a huge toll. Today I'm so exhausted and feeling icky despite getting a great nights sleep. I'm just wondering if my anxiety can cause this to happen. I hopped on Dr. Google and it told me that it's a good sign of cancer...
Bookmark and Share

Offline diaphanous

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety making me tired and sick-like?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »
Kristen,

I absolutely feel run down and "icky" with anxiety even after a good nights' sleep.  The aftereffects of all that adrenaline take their toll.  Be well!

Tiffany
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
Absolutely it can.  That underlying stress can cause you to feel like you've been run over by a truck, even to the point where it feels mildly like the flu coming on.  It's a real bummer, but here's the key:  what are you doing to address that anxiety?  Feeding it by running to Google to self-diagnose?  Are you simply creating worst-case scenarios in your head?  That kind of thing, day in and day out, really can run a person down.  What we all need to be doing is figuring out how to beat anxiety.  I've had reasonable results through diet change, and finding distractions during my worst times (Netflix, video games, basically anything that keeps the mind off of self-destructive thoughts).
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 12:13:39 AM »
Step away from Dr. Google.  He's a total quack. 

Stress can cause awful fatigue and mess with your sleep.  Fatigue is also common with depression, something a lot of people with HA have; not sure if you do as well, but if you do, that's another possible cause. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: