Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: EGD/ colonoscopy update!!  (Read 832 times)

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 38
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: EGD/ colonoscopy update!!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
It actually wasn't bad at all. If I was anxiety free it would have been so easy. They were so nice and I was completely knocked out. I woke up happy and alert although still sleepy but that quickly wore off. My throat is a little sore because of the EGD but nothing horrible.
Does anyone know how long I will have liquid or loose stool after prep?

Really depends on the person.  It might only be a day or so for them to solidify or longer if you have some IBS.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 05:51:55 AM »
So here's the thing. I still don't know if the polyp was bleeding or if it was my internal hemmihrods? I dont want to be obsessive over my stool and if I still see blood periodically should I assume its the hems? She reported them as "non bleeding" so does that mean they just were not bleeding during the colonoscopy or they will never bleed? They look very vascular in my picture. Actually my whole colon is extremely vascular.   I think they are grade 1 which I know are usually the bleeders but the non bleeding thing confuses me
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 06:48:47 AM »
Call and get the info from the doc-the bord will not give you the answer,
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 57
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 12:07:55 AM »
Dude.  I am not unsympathetic to your problem here.  Because it's a problem we all have here: severe anxiety.

More tests will not cure it.  The biopsy result, the clear CT scan you'll get shortly, aren't going to help.  Remember how you thought the colonoscopy would reassure you that you didn't have cancer?  It told you you almost certainly don't have cancer OR anything that will lead to it - and here you are still.

Please, get a therapist.  Keep taking your zoloft - it can take a few weeks to have an effect. 

You can get through this and live your life without the obsessing and panic. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »
I am still in huge panic. I have been obsessively googling colon polyp is which scares me so much. Mine was 10mm in size which is right at that cut off as "small and harmless" the fact I had something growing inside my colon has made me so ill I can't stand it. What if there is more thing growing else where. Why am I 26 with a 10mm polyp in my sigmoid?
DO YOU THINK MY GASTRO WOULD HAVE TOLD US IF SHE THOOGHT IS WAS "C"?? all the report said was if tissue is adenomatous repeat colonoscopy in 3 years for surveillance! Does that mean she thinks it was most likely only "pre c" if anything? Could she tell by looking and removing it if it had something going on?

I am starting my Zoloft today. I don't think it will help me though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 09:20:21 AM »
Yes adenomatous is pre cancerous. Idk why you are so freaked out. Polyps are very common. Be thankful you dont have cancer like I do!!!!! Only biopsy tells if it is cancer or not. The naked eye can not say 100%. If thwts what you are looking for someone to tell you, no one can. Not even the doctor. Mine was 4 cm... FOUR TIMES AS BIG AS YOURS AND GUESS WHAT, IT WAS NOT CANCER.  Idk if my child will have his mother growing up because I do have cancer and I am not obsessing over it like you are. You reqlly need to see a therapist before it takes a toll on your children.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:05 AM »
I am still in huge panic. I have been obsessively googling colon polyp is which scares me so much.

STOP IT! Do you not see how these two things are connected??

Lindsay. We are here to support you, but at a certain point, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF.

Right now you're fueling your own fire. It won't get better right away, but you need to start putting the breaks on some of this counterproductive behavior.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: