Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: EGD/ colonoscopy update!!  (Read 462 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
EGD/ colonoscopy update!!
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
I am happy to report my colonoscopy reviled a healthy colon. 10mm polyp to in sigmoid was very easily removed. No other polyps were found. She said my upper cope also went well. One small area of increased redness was biopsies but I think this could be because of minor reflux and she didn't seem worried at all. I on edge about my bioosies but feel better nothing was found.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: EGD/ colonoscopy update!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:35:41 PM »
Good news-now your fear of cc can be put to rest-and forget about health issues.  You're young,healhy.and need to enjoy your life and famly.  Maybe a therpist for a few visits and see if it helps.  I'm so glad the test went well-and i don't expect to see you here again-wish i cold say the same for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »
That's wonderful news!  Just like both procedures went well and came back normal....the biopsies will, too.

Now go and relax. :)  I'm so happy everything went well.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 02:33:50 PM »
She did request a CT of my abdominal area to see my gallbladder and pancreais because if the periodic upper right abdominal pain that goes into my back. Feels exactly like gallbladder. This CT scan makes me nervous but my whole colon was healthy so what else could she looking for? My mom is like I honestly dont think the ct is needed. Normal colonoscopy, normal blood work and periodic heartburn/ gallbladder. But my HA is running wild. im also wondering what if she could have missed something or isn't telling me something! He gave me lots of pictures why the word normal under it. The only "finding" on the colonoscopy was the polyp and internal hemorrhoids (non bleeding)
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »
But my HA is running wild. im also wondering what if she could have missed something or isn't telling me something!

Yep. I think I may have said something like this before you started getting all of these tests, and I'll say it again—at a certain point you're going to have to stop getting tests. Believe it or not, they are only making your ANXIETY problem worse. It's good that you have proof of your colon's health, and as a health anxious person, it's normal for you to doubt the accuracy of these tests, but again—now is the time to stop the medical testing, and start addressing the anxiety. What are you waiting for, exactly? 
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »
I plan on starting my Zoloft and therapy ASAP. The relief this test brought is so huge however my anxiety seems worse. It's so weird. I feel like I now need to have a mammogram and possibly hysterectomy to prevent future problems. I still fear illness else where in my body. The fear of the ct scan she ordered is robbing me of my joy of the colonoscopy. The small polyp is robbing me as well. She Said even if the polyp was pre-cancerous since it was small and only one I need a repeat scope in 3 years, not even next year. I also think I'm still going to obsess over my stool. Uh, this is endless!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kmm110

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 04:08:14 PM »
Great news!! I think it would be a good idea to start your Zoloft ASAP. It has been a lifesaver for me. Without it I think I would be crazy from HA. It really helps me keep worrying and obsessing at a minimum.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:23:35 PM »
She did request a CT of my abdominal area to see my gallbladder and pancreais because if the periodic upper right abdominal pain that goes into my back. Feels exactly like gallbladder. This CT scan makes me nervous but my whole colon was healthy so what else could she looking for? My mom is like I honestly dont think the ct is needed. Normal colonoscopy, normal blood work and periodic heartburn/ gallbladder. But my HA is running wild. im also wondering what if she could have missed something or isn't telling me something! He gave me lots of pictures why the word normal under it. The only "finding" on the colonoscopy was the polyp and internal hemorrhoids (non bleeding)

Sounds like to me she is wanting to completely put every worry you could have about your belly to rest.  She is making sure she doesn't miss anything...nothing more.  Congrats on the colonoscopy.  So, how was it?  As scary as you thought?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »
It actually wasn't bad at all. If I was anxiety free it would have been so easy. They were so nice and I was completely knocked out. I woke up happy and alert although still sleepy but that quickly wore off. My throat is a little sore because of the EGD but nothing horrible.
Does anyone know how long I will have liquid or loose stool after prep?
Bookmark and Share

Online soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »
I plan on starting my Zoloft and therapy ASAP. The relief this test brought is so huge however my anxiety seems worse. It's so weird. I feel like I now need to have a mammogram and possibly hysterectomy to prevent future problems. I still fear illness else where in my body. The fear of the ct scan she ordered is robbing me of my joy of the colonoscopy. The small polyp is robbing me as well. She Said even if the polyp was pre-cancerous since it was small and only one I need a repeat scope in 3 years, not even next year. I also think I'm still going to obsess over my stool. Uh, this is endless!

That's because tests aren't treating the real problem.  Our anxiety tricks us into thinking if we can just google one more time or have one more test then we can relax.  You have to start the Zoloft and therapy or this will just continue.  Is this how you want to live your life?  Controlled by anxiety?  Robbing you of the joy of your 4 kids and husband?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
It actually wasn't bad at all. If I was anxiety free it would have been so easy. They were so nice and I was completely knocked out. I woke up happy and alert although still sleepy but that quickly wore off. My throat is a little sore because of the EGD but nothing horrible.
Does anyone know how long I will have liquid or loose stool after prep?

Really depends on the person.  It might only be a day or so for them to solidify or longer if you have some IBS.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 05:51:55 AM »
So here's the thing. I still don't know if the polyp was bleeding or if it was my internal hemmihrods? I dont want to be obsessive over my stool and if I still see blood periodically should I assume its the hems? She reported them as "non bleeding" so does that mean they just were not bleeding during the colonoscopy or they will never bleed? They look very vascular in my picture. Actually my whole colon is extremely vascular.   I think they are grade 1 which I know are usually the bleeders but the non bleeding thing confuses me
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 06:48:47 AM »
Call and get the info from the doc-the bord will not give you the answer,
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 12:07:55 AM »
Dude.  I am not unsympathetic to your problem here.  Because it's a problem we all have here: severe anxiety.

More tests will not cure it.  The biopsy result, the clear CT scan you'll get shortly, aren't going to help.  Remember how you thought the colonoscopy would reassure you that you didn't have cancer?  It told you you almost certainly don't have cancer OR anything that will lead to it - and here you are still.

Please, get a therapist.  Keep taking your zoloft - it can take a few weeks to have an effect. 

You can get through this and live your life without the obsessing and panic. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »
I am still in huge panic. I have been obsessively googling colon polyp is which scares me so much. Mine was 10mm in size which is right at that cut off as "small and harmless" the fact I had something growing inside my colon has made me so ill I can't stand it. What if there is more thing growing else where. Why am I 26 with a 10mm polyp in my sigmoid?
DO YOU THINK MY GASTRO WOULD HAVE TOLD US IF SHE THOOGHT IS WAS "C"?? all the report said was if tissue is adenomatous repeat colonoscopy in 3 years for surveillance! Does that mean she thinks it was most likely only "pre c" if anything? Could she tell by looking and removing it if it had something going on?

I am starting my Zoloft today. I don't think it will help me though. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: