Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: numb face issues  (Read 85 times)

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
numb face issues
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:09 AM »
I know numbness and tingling are common with anxiety and I've had a lot of it on one side of my face in recent weeks, can be the left or the right, and also into the arm on the same side sometimes.

I had a clear neck x ray and a clear brain MRI 2 months ago but still feel like it could be neck related as I have a long history of neck issues  (stiffness, pain, headaches starting in the neck, numbness / pins and needles at night in my arms) but never before had this face numb sensation.

A few questions for those who might have the same / similar experiences:

1. Ever had numbness where you can feel if you touch the numb skin but it feels less sensitive than the opposite side of the face.  So not fully numb but definitely less sensitive to touch. This worries me cos neuros always stroke your face and ask if it feels the same and when I do that to myself now it DEFINITELY feels different. Is that really bad? The clear brain MRI helps me not over-panic but i don't like it...

2. Can one have these kinds of things from neck issues caused by muscle tension which I assume doesn't show up on an x-ray? If so how to treat it?

Thanks! :winking0008:

Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: numb face issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »
When this happens slow down your breathing.  When we hyperventilate we blow off too much carbon dioxide.  Your body needs some carbon dioxide to maintain pH levels in the body.  Many of us suffer symptoms of respiratory alkalosis due to this issue.  That is why the old advice of breathing into a paper bag works.  In our population of people that is the most common reason we experience these types of symptoms.  Try it, see if it helps...if it does you have your answer.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: numb face issues
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:40:53 AM »
I am not sure of the correct answer to give you. When you are in doubt, I believe it is in your
best interest to consult a physician, as symptoms have changed.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: