Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tips for getting out of one's head?  (Read 276 times)

Offline LuLu82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
tips for getting out of one's head?
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:42:55 AM »
Any tips/suggestions/distractions, anything at all!
I know helping others is probably the best but my condition I feel is regressing and I am stuck in obssessive thoughts and fear. Since not driving for a few weeks with no car I am even starting to wonder if I will be good with driving again.

So how do you get out of your head?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: tips for getting out of one's head?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:21:56 AM »
Creating a journal or a blog here on the site. One were you can write about yourself. Once you begin to write you look back over it and you see things that you never noticed before. You see where the changes have to be made in your life. Then you look for ways to make those changes happen. It won't all happen in a day. It will take time. The first thing we have to understand fully is ourselves. We list out our issues. Then we ask ourselves how do we deal with them. Not all at once. We take one at a time. We set small goals. Build it up as times goes along. But we have to believe in ourselves. I am sure you once lived a happy life. Not problems at all. The skills are still there. We simply forget how to use them. So it is like we have to strip everything away and start back at the basics once more. Like we were a young kid learning how to walk for the first time. It can be done if we want it badly. There is always a road bad. No matter bad things may seem. Just stick at it and you will find your road.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline anxiousgrl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
I know for me, the best thing to stop over thinking and calming my mind is going to yoga!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
My new favorite tip is to stop thinking of myself as special.  I'm not special.  Physically, I'm just like everyone else.
To feel better I go stand in a crowd and look around.  Why do I think I'm the one with the horrible disease?  I'm not that one because I'm not that special.  The symptom I'm experiencing is being experienced by many others throughout the world at this exact moment.  The odds are in my favor that I am not the one with the disease.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline diaphanous

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »
I play some mindless puzzle game on the internet.  It helps get me out of my own head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 11:04:56 PM »
I have a little plastic lizard, which is my avatar. I use it to physically represent my OCD. When intrusive thoughts start I stare at it and say, "Really? Really?! This is what you want me to think about?" Or something similar. It's total silly, I know. But that's the point. I identify my obsessive thoughts and then treat them with the respect they deserve. None. I find it helps take away their power, reacting to my anxieties with silliness.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Tags: