Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird Head Sensations  (Read 182 times)

Offline Suz66

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird Head Sensations
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:18:35 AM »
So I've had anxiety and panic attacks for over ten years now. I've been through cognitive behavioral therapy, so I know how to talk myself through panic attacks. I still have them, and they're still scary, but I know how to deal. But lately, within the last couple of months, I've experienced dizziness, and two bouts of severe dizziness, that are NOT accompanied by my regular panic attack symptoms. For about a month now, I've experienced the dizziness nearly every day, and it has simply become exhausting trying to maintain myself through this. I work full time and have had to pull it off there without totally and completely freaking out and running to the bathroom to "escape"...so far so good.

I became so concerned about the dizziness that my PCP referred me to a neurologist who will be doing an MRI in a few weeks. Along with the dizziness come weird head sensations...almost like pressure from the inside of my head toward the outside of the skull. I have had these symptoms in the past as well, but not for a long while, and they seem amplified and more intense now. Truth is, I'm dying to have the MRI done since I'm "certain" something is wrong, but my experience has been all tests come back normal. So if this is my new normal, I know I need to learn to deal with it.

Does anyone else have weird head sensations that are manifestations of their anxiety, but no panic attack symptom at the same time? The more I fixate on the symptom, of course, the worse it gets, which is always how anxiety has been for me.

As always, thanks for your feedback.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird Head Sensations
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »
Sure..I'll occasionally feel light headed, ear ache, or just a general head congestion feeling like you feel when you have a sinus infection. If I ignore them they'll usually go away and like you said..the more you focus on them the worse they get.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousgrl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:39 AM »
I feel light headed every time I get a bit anxious without having a panic attack. I also experienced that pressure in your head thing when I was really anxious when I had the flu, it went away though when I started feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insomniac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Suz66 OMG What can I tell you, this is EXACTLY word for word what I am going through. I unfortunately do not have health insurance at this time to get an MRI done. But had head CT scans done past December came out clean. Ive been fighting anxiety and panic attacks mainly due to this feeling you're describing. What can I say, hang in there and please let us know what you're results are.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: