Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I've ridden the anxiety train for far too long.  (Read 55 times)

Offline jsickuh

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've ridden the anxiety train for far too long.
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:10:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm really excited to find this message board. I've always had issues with anxiety, but lately they've been almost impossible to deal with. I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks, as well as a diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and I have a strong suspicion I may be a hypochondriac as well -- Like many of you, I have diagnosed myself with every disease possible, and there's just no convincing me that I'm actually (gasp!) healthy!

However, I'm sick of the way I've been living. I feel like I've been on edge for the past year. Every little problem I have can be hearkened back to a yet-to-be-diagnosed life-threatening disease, and if I don't have a worry to occupy my mind, you can sure as hell bet that I'll find something destructive to fill my brain with.

Does anyone else feel that you've just become so accustomed to living in a heightened state of anxiety that something is "wrong" if you don't have anything to worry over?

I'm definitely tired of the way I've been living. I hope to, at the very least, meet some nice people with whom I can discuss anxiety problems, and to hopefully find some constructive and healthy ways to deal with these issues.

All the best,

Jessica
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I've ridden the anxiety train for far too long.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline diaphanous

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I've ridden the anxiety train for far too long.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:44:16 PM »
Hi, Jessica.

Just wanted to say you aren't alone in the "anxiety because you feel ok" camp.  I have felt that way before, too.  Maybe just feeling like waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It's exhausting!  Usually I just mentally chide myself with "So you're anxious because you're not anxious?  REALLY?" and it does usually make me chuckle a little.

Welcome from another newbie.

Tiffany
Bookmark and Share

Tags: