Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: panic attack triggers  (Read 164 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
panic attack triggers
« on: April 22, 2014, 12:41:19 AM »
Does anyone want to talk about their panic attack triggers? I think it would be interesting and maybe relieving to share.

For me sometimes watching old movies triggers a panic attack. I don't know why. Something about it being in black and white and the sound quality being so poor, it just triggers some of my worst panic attacks. I was just watching some old Hollywood movie star interviews on YouTube and I had the worst panic attack I've had in awhile, not to sound morbid but it occurred to me that the actress being interviewed and the journalistic were both dead and I just freaked.

It kinda sucks because I really like old Hollywood films. Anyone else have specific triggers, or can anyone relate to mine?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: panic attack triggers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »
So would your fear be more the old films or the fact that most of the people in the films are dead. Thus meaning the thought of death might be the real trigger. Sparked off by seeing people who were once alive in these old black and white films. I think with me my Emetaphobic fears are worse than my anxiety these days. So sick people. People throwing up and the likes. Years ago it used to be cars as I got knocked down when I was 16. But none of the effects me these days at all. Like one thing has pushed the other thing out of the way and taken over as the main fear.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: