Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain eating amoeba from picking nose?  (Read 527 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain eating amoeba from picking nose?
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:52:39 PM »
I was outside today sitting on our deck reading. It had rained earlier in the day and I set my books on the table (which was dry by that time, but still dusty/dirty. It was getting cold out and I picked up my books off the table - nails/fingers touching the table - and went inside. I changed the laundry, spent some time on the computer, played for a while with the kiddos, ect. ...and, as embarrassing as it is to say this - I picked my nose really quick. I had not washed my hands from the time I came in the house to the time I put my finger (with fake nails) up my nose. I immediately started freaking out that there could have been an amoeba on my finger (I've read it lives in soil) from picking up my books off the table and that I will get the N. Fowleri brain eating amoeba now. My fingers were dry, but I'm still nervous that it could make it's way up to my sinuses. Will someone please talk me down? (without the embarrassment of reminding me how disgusting it is that I picked my nose?)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain eating amoeba from picking nose?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:31 AM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:07 AM »
Here's what I think you should do...... I think you should relax and really really think deeply about what you posted, I don't mean to be ignorant and rude, but really think about what you posted and you will realize that it Is well..... Again I have this disorder just like you do but a brain eating amoeba? .... Think deeeeep about it and you will realize how ridiculous this disorder makes your mind react to things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:54 AM »
Are you getting counseling?
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:53:53 AM »
And don't be ashamed of picking your nose, it's natural  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
Agreed with above. You really need to get serious about dealing with your anxiety and irrational fears.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
I agree with the above postersódirt that's on patio furniture doesn't come from the soil in the groundóit's dust or dirt that's been kicked up by rain waterónot exactly a hospitable environment for "brain eating amoebas."

Also, do you know how filthy hands and fingers are in general? Think of all the surfaces you touch on a daily basis before putting your fingers in your nose, mouth, ears, or using them to rub your eyes. Believe it or not, your body has a BUILT-IN defense mechanism against germs.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 01:39:06 PM »
One of the most irrational things I've ever heard... Sorry if that offends, but it's just the truth. I hope you are seeking counseling for this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »
My friend... You absolutely have GOT to stop fearing this brain eating amoeba. I've read many of your past posts, replied to some too. They have totally irrational, and believe me - as I've told you before - I've had this fear! I've been there! But I now recognize how completely irrational I was being. You need to do the same.

Are you never going to swim again? Take a shower? Dust your room? Don't let this fear still another second of your life. Just drop it, I promise you you'll be happier. It is so incredibly rare to be infected by this in the first place, but if you were, as I'm sure you know because you probably googled every single thing about it, you couldn't do anything about it anyways! So what's the worry for? Don't worry about what you cannot control. We all do it, but we need to learn not to.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Tags: