Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Facial Numbness, anyone?  (Read 413 times)

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Facial Numbness, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
Well, I went through this yesterday.  Was in a store, smiled in a mirror there to,see if it was "even."  Rolled my tongue.  Tried to be sure I could move everything on one side.  I took a nap,after I got hoe to "break the cycle" of the extreme anxiety that developed due to this.  When I woke up, all was well.  I'm still alive today.  :action-smiley-065:  I wish I could convince myself that I'm okay, but the cycle of my anxiety and fear is so strong.  So, yes!  This type of numbness has happened to me many times, unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
Well, I went through this yesterday.  Was in a store, smiled in a mirror there to,see if it was "even."  Rolled my tongue.  Tried to be sure I could move everything on one side.  I took a nap,after I got hoe to "break the cycle" of the extreme anxiety that developed due to this.  When I woke up, all was well.  I'm still alive today.  :action-smiley-065:  I wish I could convince myself that I'm okay, but the cycle of my anxiety and fear is so strong.  So, yes!  This type of numbness has happened to me many times, unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
I have been suffering from face numbness for over 6 months. But it isn't actually numb - it just feels numb. And it is not always constant. The moment I think about it, it starts to feel numb. When I am distracted, it goes. It usually correlates with bouts of anxiety. During the time I am feeling anxious, the facial numbness isn't actually present. It is only until afterwards when I have cooled down and recovering that I start to feel the numbness.

It's important to learn your anxiety symptoms so you don't get yourself in vicious circles. I used to do this all the time. When I was anxious about something and then I finally started to clam down, I would then start to experience anxiety symptoms which would make me more anxious again. And this would repeat until I drove myself crazy. So now I can actually keep myself clam despite having tons of symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: