Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Facial Numbness, anyone?  (Read 827 times)

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Facial Numbness, anyone?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 11:04:11 AM »
It usually lasts only a few seconds.  Maybe 20 at the most.  I've also had the chills that only affect half my face or body. 
Congrats on overcoming HA!  You give hope to the rest of us.
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »
BeeDot to confirm this is a side symptom of anxiety you can look on the HA page and in the orange section 4th post down is a post called "This list is a lifesaver!" and the name lives up to it's title for this post I've printed out and whenever I was in HA mode I would whip it out to confirm my chocking feeling wasn't rabies, or my headache wasn't the start of cancer, etc. Yeah you're not the only one with facial numbness... I used to have full body chills whenever I was cold but these anxiety ones are more often and sometimes local to only one area (excluding my fingers, those always tingle  :laugh3: ... I should start to wear a brace on each hand  ::) ). I am pretty sure what you're experincing is a side symptom of your anxiety. Message me whenever, for I'm on here to help others!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline BeeDot

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »
Thank you so much.  I had forgotten about that list, but have bookmarked it and hopefully it will provide some measure of peace: )  I just hate that there's always something new keeping me on my toes with this HA.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 06:03:14 AM »
If it's on one side, then the other, or all over then it can't be a stroke as a stroke would only affect ONE side of your body.    It's funny a day last week I was driving and my cheek by my nose started feeling numb (though I was able to pinch it and feel it) then it spread to my entire cheek and I was starting to freak out...  when I FORGOT about my cheek it went away!  So I chalked it up to anxiety.  I think because I felt a weird feeling on the side of my nose that I blew it up all out of proportion. 

I get chills in my scalp (one side or the other, going onto my ear and side of face, but ONLY when driving - so I am telling myself it's some kind of a "pinched" nerve in my neck)
Bookmark and Share

Offline BeeDot

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:37 AM »
Sunlover, thank you.  That makes so much sense!   I think I'm constantly afraid that I'm having a bunch of mini-strokes all over my brain which is why one side will go numb and then the next day, it's the other side….
I can convince myself of anything: )
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
Well, I went through this yesterday.  Was in a store, smiled in a mirror there to,see if it was "even."  Rolled my tongue.  Tried to be sure I could move everything on one side.  I took a nap,after I got hoe to "break the cycle" of the extreme anxiety that developed due to this.  When I woke up, all was well.  I'm still alive today.  :action-smiley-065:  I wish I could convince myself that I'm okay, but the cycle of my anxiety and fear is so strong.  So, yes!  This type of numbness has happened to me many times, unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
Well, I went through this yesterday.  Was in a store, smiled in a mirror there to,see if it was "even."  Rolled my tongue.  Tried to be sure I could move everything on one side.  I took a nap,after I got hoe to "break the cycle" of the extreme anxiety that developed due to this.  When I woke up, all was well.  I'm still alive today.  :action-smiley-065:  I wish I could convince myself that I'm okay, but the cycle of my anxiety and fear is so strong.  So, yes!  This type of numbness has happened to me many times, unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 08:08:43 PM »
I have been suffering from face numbness for over 6 months. But it isn't actually numb - it just feels numb. And it is not always constant. The moment I think about it, it starts to feel numb. When I am distracted, it goes. It usually correlates with bouts of anxiety. During the time I am feeling anxious, the facial numbness isn't actually present. It is only until afterwards when I have cooled down and recovering that I start to feel the numbness.

It's important to learn your anxiety symptoms so you don't get yourself in vicious circles. I used to do this all the time. When I was anxious about something and then I finally started to clam down, I would then start to experience anxiety symptoms which would make me more anxious again. And this would repeat until I drove myself crazy. So now I can actually keep myself clam despite having tons of symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: