Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Help. I have a flu but I can't sleep last night  (Read 97 times)

Offline _rai

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Know Jesus, Know Peace. :)
    • Poke This Member
Help. I have a flu but I can't sleep last night
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »
This is my 3rd day of flu.. It started on Sunday. I got fever, a bit of cough, lots of
Body aches and very very stuffy nose. I didn't take cold and cough meds because they make me anxious. Im just taking paracetamol and ibuprufen. At first I actually don't have a problem about sleep. All I did was sleep a lot and a lot during the day. Yesterday, i sleep for like every four hours. I had pizza (lots of it!) with plenty of hot sauce for lunch. I avoid pizza because cheese makes me anxious too. But whenever Im sick I wanted to eat something I want. So I didn't care. I still ate pizza. Then after eating pizza I slept again! At dinner my husband made me a very spicy chicken soup. i love spicy because it makes my nose breath easier. it relieves my congestion.. Then night time came and it was already 1am and I still don't feel sleepy. I tried twisting an tossing around but it didn't work! Whenever I try to sleep I am having weird thoughts running on my mind. It happened until I woke up now. It's 9am. I didn't get enough sleep. Im so restless now.. I am sick and I wanna sleep. I am on sick leave.. And i have to recover.. How can I recover if I can't sleep last night. Also, another info.. It's hot here in the Philippines now and last night I was sweating so it disrupts my sleep too. Help.. I need to rest. Is it because of my fever? Or the many spicy food I ate last night? Any advice would be a great help.thank you
Bookmark and Share
She didn't know who would leave or stay. So she pushed them all away.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help. I have a flu but I can't sleep last night
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:52:04 AM »
The flu just has to run its course. Nothing you can really do about that. Drink plenty of water and rest up. Even if you are not sleeping. Still get plenty of rest. With the flu you will be hot. That is normal. It can also be normal for some people to sleep less. Not everybody. Just some. I am sure you will sleep once you are tired enough. You body will have no choice at all. Water, water, water and plenty of rest. The flu has to run its course. Normally a week or so. Then it passes.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline _rai

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Know Jesus, Know Peace. :)
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help. I have a flu but I can't sleep last night
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »
Thank you I am feeling much much better now.. I just got back to work. My nose is still a bit stuffy but the fever and aches are gone. Thank you so much. This damn flu messing up with my anxiety again.
Bookmark and Share
She didn't know who would leave or stay. So she pushed them all away.

Tags: