Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing myself :)  (Read 44 times)

Offline Gabi1985

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing myself :)
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
I've suffered from panic attacks for what feels like my entire life. I remember the very first panic attack. I was in the trunk of our family's SUV with my cousins, driving home from a family friend's house late at night. I all of a sudden had that tingly, terrified feeling and had to move to the back seat with my mom. I think I was about 8 years old? I don't remember. But I know I was really young.

I get all the typical panick attack symptoms. Reading about severe panic attacks is like reading about my daily life. I've tried therapy. I actually found a good therapist who helped me realize that I'm not alone in feeling the way I do. But she moved away so I was back to square 1.

I feel like I am constantly floating in a realm of panic and de realization. It's always right there, sometimes I notice it and sometimes I don't. I guess that's the thing with panic...it's always there!

Among other things, I'm scared of feeling trapped - highways, cars, elevators, planes, etc - and a huge fear is the doctor. It doesn't matter which type of doctor.  The therapist I was seeing helped me realize that one possible trigger is when a situation changes - like if I'm staring at a computer screen then get up and walk somewhere. Or if I'm looking at something then look somewhere else. That's when I feel the depersonalization. Panic hits me if I'm just relaxing with my best friends, too, out of nowhere.

I'm tired of it. I'm hoping to connect with people who truly understand what I am going through and I hope we can help each other!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline juliannnnt

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself :)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »
Hello Gabi,

Fellow sufferer here just saying Hi.  :action-smiley-065:

Here's to hoping we can all work through this together!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself :)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: