Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I went to the hospital.  (Read 174 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I went to the hospital.
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
I had to do it, I went to the park today and the girls told me I looked like I had lost a lot of weight and my Mom had also mentioned that so I panicked and just went right there. I didn't think about the fact that I work out and eat healthy and all that jazz. Anyways for anyone keeping up with my story it turns out my jaw is causing all of my problems. I should feel more relieved but I guess that's how this game goes, you get checked and you second guess because they looked at you for 30 seconds and told you what your problem was. Shrug. Guess I'll just carry on. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I went to the hospital.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
Hi Kristin.  Many of us have been in your shoes.  I know I have, I can remember three hospital visits of my own right off the top of my head.  As anyone with health anxiety will tell you, the doubts start creeping in the second the doctor stops talking.  That little voice in your head that says, "Nope, he/she is wrong.  I'm dead, it's as simple as that."  Therefore, our goal as health anxiety sufferers is fairly straightforward.  You need to believe the diagnosis.  I know that's hard, and I know that doctors miss things.  In my case, I've been tested so much (hypertested, as one doc put it.  thanks.) that it's very, very unlikely they've missed something.  I need to be OK with that.  Truly, nothing is guaranteed to us.  Once you come to realize that is your real challenge, things start to get better.  Attacking the real problem.  One thing I try to do is tell myself, "Well, here we go again, the same issue I experienced 3 (days, weeks, months, years) ago.  It didn't kill me then.  I have a clean bill of health, there's no reason it will kill me now.   :winking0008:  Others on this board can state it more eloquently than me, but that's the common theme.  You need to be OK with the diagnosis.  Only than can you start putting the pieces back together.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: