Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches since March 5th. Brain tumor? Tension headaches? Am I going crazy?  (Read 2928 times)

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eyelid twitching is pretty common with anxiety, isn't it?  And I don't think i've ever heard of eye floaters being related to a brain tumor.  They're just part of life and aging, and sometimes they're more noticeable than other times.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The headaches still exist. Same place. I think it's a combination of tension and sinus/allergy-related pains. Who knows. I just hate them. They put a dent in my day every time they resurface.

I still go a few days without headaches at all, then they come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Glad to hear that at least your worries have been quelled. You've been having these headaches for 3 months now. If it were a brain tumor, you would have been experiencing major, noticeable symptoms by now. Just try to relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yeah, I probably experienced the harshest pain ever today. It absolutely throbbed. And my neck felt stiff/in pain all day. I took some motrin, which took over 2 hours to kick in and didn't kill the pain fully. It is what it is. I can't stand it. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How have you been sleeping? What posture? Sleep well? Sinuses OK?
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
@bukowski ~ I was sleeping like crap. Poor posture. Neck stiffness has came and went Been gone for the better part of the last week.

I'm just living with the pain. It's intermittent. I hate it! But it could be worse. In a week from today, that'll make it 4 months since the atypical headaches started happening. Sometimes I'll go days without one. Having one now. Just took motrin for the first time in weeks. Dealing with it. Just wish they'd go away completely. Permanently.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Maybe you can see a doctor. Get on sliding fee. I don't think it's anything to really worry about. You just need the right meds. Have you tried any allergy meds or sinus meds?
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
I think it's time you see a doctor because if this pain. Not that I think it's something bad but you shouldn't live in pain. You might need a different medication. Maybe even seeing a chiropractor
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Motrin always tends to get rid of the pain (even if it sometimes takes a few hours).

I also will take 500mg of vitamin C every now and again (if it's early in the day) and I typically reap benefits thanks to its natural antihistamine properties.

As for any specific medications, nope.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just an update.

Still coming along, the headaches, that is. Top right corner of the forehead, pain above the right eyebrow. Intermittent.

Also, the best way to describe the ache/pain in the back of the head? It's right next to and a little lower than the occipital protuberance. The feeling is a pinching, tightening feeling that also feels like a needle or hammer/icepick is being hit around in my head.

There are literally no other symptoms now. Absolutely nothing. Asides from occasional muscle twitching and eye twitching, but that's been happening to me for the better part of my life. Also, I solved the painful neck problem by switching pillows. Now I'm all good in that department.

It's just that the headaches still exist, and I still use motrin every now and again, which takes away the headaches within 30 minutes to 2-3 hours. They are still as annoying as ever. But haven't really gotten worse. Some days, they are really painful, but most of the time they are dull and I'm able to deal with them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I failed to mention that along with these headaches that I also still get involuntary twitching in my fingers, eyelids and calf muscles. Not at the same time. The twitching is quick and only lasts a few seconds. Sometimes it's just random and sometimes it's after sneezing (but that's usually eyelid twitching post-sneeze).

Any thoughts on that? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been headaches for almost 1 year. It's the worst. I went to the neuro and got a clean MRI, so brain tumor or anything like that. He said they r tensions headaches... they do get better when my neuro got me trigger point injections.... I am going back again because they are coming back too often again, almost everyday...

Oh gosh I have muscle twitches too.... they have been getting better since starting lexapro,  but I still get them from time to time... I don't really pay attention to them!

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been headaches for almost 1 year. It's the worst. I went to the neuro and got a clean MRI, so brain tumor or anything like that. He said they r tensions headaches... they do get better when my neuro got me trigger point injections.... I am going back again because they are coming back too often again, almost everyday...

Oh gosh I have muscle twitches too.... they have been getting better since starting lexapro,  but I still get them from time to time... I don't really pay attention to them!

Good luck!
Thanks for replying, Leah.

Wish I could go to the doctor about this -- I mean, not that I am genuinely thrilled about the prospect of actually going (lol), but I'd love to do something about it. But as I've written about probably too much in this thread, I don't have any health insurance and I can't afford visiting the doc and can't even imagine what other prices would be involved in a single visit. Another poster suggested sliding fee, but I haven't looked into it.

I can deal with the pain. But they are annoying, and sometimes painful enough to elicit a reach for the motrin/ibuprofen! I'm experiencing the headaches right now as I type! Right above my right eyebrow and in the right side of the back of my head. Usual ones. The usual suspects. But as much as I'd like to pop a motrin/ibuprofen, I'll deal with them for the remainder of the evening and night.

I'm basically convinced that I 'suffer' from chronic daily tension headaches.

I mean, they've been almost ongoing since March 5th... I'd like to think that if it were something majorly serious like a brain tumor, that I'd have experienced a MAJOR symptom like some kind of sickness or something by now. I could be wrong.

And I still worry. But that's because, well, I'm a worrier at heart... :\
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so annoyed/aggravated right now :(

I was having a relatively easy going, headache-free day asides from the occasional pain that would last less than 5 seconds.

Anyhow, I just worked out, and during my workout -- usual workout; not strenuous (I mean, I'm used to it!) -- the usual pains begin, except the pain was more prevalent in the back of my head. I pushed through it and continued on, but it was surely painful and annoying.

And I finished the workout about 10 minutes ago and the headache in the front and back of the head is still subsisting.

I hate these headaches so much.

I teased the idea of taking some motrin, but I'll resist the temptation. I'll be going to bed in the next 4-5 hours, so I'll just have to put up with the headaches till then, I suppose. Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

I deal with a headache of some kind at least 4 times a week.  Sometimes, I'll get a migraine that will go on for days.  I'm constantly popping Excedrin Migraine even for a regular headache because usually when I have a regular headache and don't take anything for it, it will end up being really nasty and lasting a long time.

I, too, have TMJ.  It was from being rear-ended by another car back in the 90's.  I'm supposed to wear a night guard at night in my mouth but never have.  I'm also supposed to be mindful of doing things like not chewing gum or opening my mouth too wide. 

I'm always waking up with headaches, too.  I'm not sure what that is but I suspect it has something to do with the TMJ and grinding or clenching my teeth.

Have you tried using a night guard?  Maybe you are clenching or grinding your teeth at night. 

The headaches you are getting could be completely from your jaw.   It can even cause your teeth to ache when there is nothing wrong with them.

I really don't think it's anything to do with a brain tumor.   You would have other symptoms and a headache like you've never had before.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: headaches