Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches since March 5th. Brain tumor? Tension headaches? Am I going crazy?  (Read 4578 times)

Offline painintolerance

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
To all: I really appreciate the replies. Thanks for taking the time to post! It means a lot.

@JesserCat88 ~~ Interesting, and thanks for elucidating me with the real definition of a tension headache! But I'm not on the computer for too long on most days, and I'm only one of the four people on the planet that has yet to switch to a smartphone (I use my phone sparingly, asides from the occasional text), so I'm not sure about straining that way. Maybe when I sleep -- I can tend to be uncomfortable and might unconsciously tense up at night. No clue. I'm pretty sure I have mild scoliosis. Was 'told so' by a nurse way back in middle school to get it checked out and I never did, but it never really bothered me throughout the years. (And I also take a daily dose of vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 for bone health). I can imagine my alignment being all screwy.

Do you also experience any blurry vision or dizziness, even just a slight/noticeable amount?
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well,

Yesterday morning, I woke up with a mild headache in the top right corner of my forehead. Immediately upon waking, I took two Motrin pills and it went away within an hour.

The rest of the day, I was fine.

Then, last night, I started getting these excruciating pains out of the blue, right in the back of the right side of my head, pulsing and affecting -- again -- the top right corner of my forehead and what felt like the top of my head. I went to bed early and tossed and turn for about two hours because the pain prevented me from going to sleep. It felt like a combination of a stabbing, throbbing, BURNING pain. Felt like A LOT of pressure. I ended up succumbing and taking two Nyquil liquicaps, and rested up for another 30 minutes before dozing off.

Woke up today with a slight headache in the top right corner of my forehead again. Haven't taken anything for now and it's still subsisting.

I hate this. I just want the headaches to go away so badly. I can't stand worrying that it might be something serious.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline JesserCat88

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My vision is definitely affected by these headaches. I'm actually awaiting a neurology appointment to discuss a possible migraine issue. I don't have a dizzy problem but every now and again I'll get this light headed feeling like I stood up too quick. The problem is when everything in your neck tenses, all your nerves, veins, muscles strain trying to do their job while being confined to a small area. I have had all of your symptoms except mine is on the left side and I even have days of facial tightening. I know I am stressed and tense though so my muscles hate me. I was also just informed today and tight muscles around the spinal column can actually cause your neck to curve causing the slight misalignment that would give you these dumb headaches. What you need is to get a heating pad and apply that and ice alternating for 20 minutes 3-4 times a day. and getting a massage wouldn't hurt either. Doesn't have to be a professional. Just anyone who can help release the tension in your shoulders, neck, and back of head. My husband does this for me and it works wonders.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for the info, JesserCat88! Interesting, to say the least.

Today, I woke up with the headache in the right corner of my forehead. I never took any OTC pain relievers like tylenol or motrin today. The pain in the right corner of my forehead stayed for, basically, all day. Stopped hurting for a few minutes here and there, but never really went away.

Just about 30 minutes ago, I started getting the usual pain in the right back side of my head. It's usually a bit across from my ear and sometimes the pain shifts a little higher in that general vicinity (this happen to you in the same general area on your left side, JesserCat88?). Still hurting. I can think and do things while these headaches/pains are going on, but they are annoying, and they also affect my sleep.

I'm getting ready to head to bed. Just took 3mg of melatonin, which I hadn't taken in six months. I had to take it or else the pain is going to keep me awake.

Any and all input from any and everybody is definitely welcome. Still nervous/worried, but only because these damn headaches in these two different places are so inconsistent and sneaky as to when they are going to surface. I can't stand them. Before March 5th, I'd never had headaches like these in my entire life, so it's still disconcerting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bella41123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Finally someone with the same pain as me! I had this for 7 months now it all started with my tooth being filled in my jaw was lowered to much that my tmj became outta place I started experiencing burning scalp sensations and shooting pains randomly I really thought I had a brain tumor I had a ct scan done normal! An MRI because my neurologist thought I needed one to reassure my self NORMAL. I noticied like the condyle of my tmj in front of my ear dislocated I finally got my answer I had TMJ for these past months that cause my scalp vein sore and my shooting pains before I always woke up with headaches but then it stopped then it just became the shooting pain at random times of day it's stay feeling this I know. I tend to clench my teeth a lot when I sleep and throughout the day. I take it as it comes I believe the more you think of it the more it comes and becomes worse the tightness of the head. I'm getting a mouth guard to see if that will take the pains away but just know you are not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
painintolerance, I understand your worrying, but trust me when I say that, based on your symptoms there is a 0% chance that you have a brain tumor. I've come to this conclusion because:

1.) If a brain tumor is large enough to induce a headache, it's going to be a severe headache that will prevent you from getting things done or even wanting to get out of bed. It will be the WORST headache of your entire life, and from the way you write, your headaches are annoying and, albeit painful and even disrupting you from achieving optimal sleep at night (at times?), are NOT the worst headaches you've experienced. (?)

2.) You write about nausea, dizziness and blurry vision, but you say it's not very significant. Well, listen, if you had a brain tumor large enough to elicit the headache responses, that nausea, dizziness and blurry vision would be absolutely, positively severe and, if you had a brain tumor, you would be getting really sick and vomiting.

3.) You have headaches in random places. A brain tumor headache would be in one area.

4.) Your twitching eyes have NOTHING AT ALL to do with a brain tumor symptom but more of a kink with the human body and perhaps your anxiety.

5.) Your headaches started on March 5th, nearly two months ago. If it was a brain tumor headache, it would have driven you crazy with its severity by now.

6.) You wrote that you have TMJ, allergies in the spring and that you might have scoliosis and misalignment within your body.

It sounds like it's a combination of tension headaches and TMJ headaches, brother. But I guarantee you that it's not a brain tumor or else my name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Oh, and by the way, and it's also what I think, but it's 100% OKAY to regularly take OTC pain relievers like motrin (you said that's what you've been taking). Take regularly when the pain is distracting you. But also, take a few days off if you can to avoid your body building a tolerance to it.

Stay positive, be happy and realize that it isn't a brain tumor headache.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Boo.

• Poke This Member
If the weather started getting warmer in March (I'm not sure where you live), that could also contribute to headache. I get headaches every single Spring because I don't drink as much water during Winter and then when it starts getting warmer out, my body needs more water to keep hydrated. And the headaches are from not hydrating myself enough (because I'm not used to it). I just had to remind my mom a few times to start drinking more water because she started getting headaches every day... Now she's feeling a lot better. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Just keep swimming..."

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Love the replies. Thanks!

@Bella ~~ Thanks for chiming in! It's just all so inconsistent that I have no idea when the pains are going to come on. I'm tired of 'em! Please update me on how the mouth guard works for you!

painintolerance, I understand your worrying, but trust me when I say that, based on your symptoms there is a 0% chance that you have a brain tumor. I've come to this conclusion because:

1.) If a brain tumor is large enough to induce a headache, it's going to be a severe headache that will prevent you from getting things done or even wanting to get out of bed. It will be the WORST headache of your entire life, and from the way you write, your headaches are annoying and, albeit painful and even disrupting you from achieving optimal sleep at night (at times?), are NOT the worst headaches you've experienced. (?)

2.) You write about nausea, dizziness and blurry vision, but you say it's not very significant. Well, listen, if you had a brain tumor large enough to elicit the headache responses, that nausea, dizziness and blurry vision would be absolutely, positively severe and, if you had a brain tumor, you would be getting really sick and vomiting.

3.) You have headaches in random places. A brain tumor headache would be in one area.

4.) Your twitching eyes have NOTHING AT ALL to do with a brain tumor symptom but more of a kink with the human body and perhaps your anxiety.

5.) Your headaches started on March 5th, nearly two months ago. If it was a brain tumor headache, it would have driven you crazy with its severity by now.

6.) You wrote that you have TMJ, allergies in the spring and that you might have scoliosis and misalignment within your body.

It sounds like it's a combination of tension headaches and TMJ headaches, brother. But I guarantee you that it's not a brain tumor or else my name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Oh, and by the way, and it's also what I think, but it's 100% OKAY to regularly take OTC pain relievers like motrin (you said that's what you've been taking). Take regularly when the pain is distracting you. But also, take a few days off if you can to avoid your body building a tolerance to it.

Stay positive, be happy and realize that it isn't a brain tumor headache.

Wow! Emphatic post! Thanks for the definitive reassurance.

I try not to take Motrin every single day, but on most days I just get annoyed with the headaches and end up taking it out of frustration because I want the pain(s) to go away so badly. Tonight I'm going to be watching UFC 172 with some friends and we'll be imbibing (and I haven't drank in months), so I'm staying away from any pain relievers today. Got a slight ache in the top right corner of my forehead as usual, but I'll just deal with it. Annoying, but I can deal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I also forgot to mention that the headaches get a lot worse with physical exertion. I now feel it in the middle of my forehead. Ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just try to relax and you'll be fine!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: headaches