Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How to control anxiety over child's health?  (Read 191 times)

Offline anxiousa

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How to control anxiety over child's health?
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »
I'm worried about my daughter, she is a toddler, and complained of a head ache during the week. She wasn't herself for a few hours but snapped out of it quite quickly and has been great form since, it has set of my anxiety though. Me and her dad are split up and she is spending two nights with hi
Now, because I can't be tere to check her and see how she is I am extra worried. Can I bring my mind to ease??? In anyway this is horrible, worse worryin about my child than me, I would much much more rather I was anxiety over my own health worries
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to control anxiety over child's health?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
Hi anxiousa,
I can totally empathise with you. I have a toddler daughter too and I worry about her constantly. Like, constantly! Becoming a mother has aged me 100 years I think sometimes.
I have HA and GAD, and I do worry about my own health a lot. But now that I have my daughters health to worry about too, it's even less fun. She wasn't even ever sick til she was about 14 months. Once she had a rash and I couldn't get it to blanche so I rushed her to the doctor, who straight away got it blanche. I was a wreck though thinking it was meningitis. Then at 14 months she got sick for the first time with tonsillitis. A few weeks later it was gastroenteritis, then tonsillitis again, then a post-tonsillitis cough which irritated her tummy and made her sick. Now she has a high fever and some vomiting and my nerves are shot! ANy time she is sick, I set up her travel cot in my bedroom so that I can keep a close eye on her during the night. It must be very tough letting her go to her Dad's. Are you on good terms with him? Can you ring him to ask questions about how she is? I am married and although my hubbie is great, I would not trust that he would do as good of a job as me looking after my daughter when she is sick. I'm not sure if other mothers feel the same. Maybe it's a natural mother instinct thing, maybe it's Mammy anxiety.
Reading this back, I'm not sure what I'm saying will help you as I had intended. But know that you are not alone.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline anxiousa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
thank uou for ur reply! how is ur anxiety at the moment? I took my little girl to doctors and was given all clear and it settled me. Thank god i am in a good place with my HA this past year or so that only every now and then it crops up but it can usually be easily nipped in the bud. I attended CBT which helped me hugely! have you tried any therapy? I dont know where i wuld be without it, it took me from rock bottom place back to normalit. altough it wasnt cheap, it was worth every last penny x
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
I totally understand. My HA didn't start until after I had my daughter. Now I constantly worry about BOTH of us!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: