Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Have you experienced a dramatic difference with BUSPAR or a subtle one?  (Read 139 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

Hi all, I am approaching the end of my 6th week on Buspar.  That's when -- if the med works for you at all -- it reaches therapeutic effect.  Over this time, with various therapies, I've definitely felt my anxiety level as gone down.  But it's not like I ever felt Buspar "kick in" or that there was a dramatic difference.  It's been a slow but steady difference.

I wondered if other Buspar users have noted a dramatic difference or a subtle one.  Thanks!  Of course maybe I'll notice a dramatic change at the end of my 6th week.   :yes:   Not that I need something dramatic.  Just curious.  When I start prozac years ago it was a dramatic difference, like a light switch turning on.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 85
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Hi all, I am approaching the end of my 6th week on Buspar.  That's when -- if the med works for you at all -- it reaches therapeutic effect.

If Buspar works it usually does so within a week to 10 days, often with some noticeable lessening of anxiety in as little as 2-3 days, though there can be ongoing improvement for some weeks or months. It is not an antidepressant which rely on brain changes for their effectiveness, but has a direct chemical affect on the brain. Everyone's experience is different. For some it can be a dramatic overnight improvement, for others it is a slow, barely perceptible change.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks, insights.  Yes, buspar seems to affect me in a slow, steady way.  I noticed at some point
that anxiety was not the burning priority it had once been. Things seem to be in better perspective now.
When anxiousness comes up, I can manage it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: