Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Have you experienced a dramatic difference with BUSPAR or a subtle one?  (Read 387 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

Hi all, I am approaching the end of my 6th week on Buspar.  That's when -- if the med works for you at all -- it reaches therapeutic effect.  Over this time, with various therapies, I've definitely felt my anxiety level as gone down.  But it's not like I ever felt Buspar "kick in" or that there was a dramatic difference.  It's been a slow but steady difference.

I wondered if other Buspar users have noted a dramatic difference or a subtle one.  Thanks!  Of course maybe I'll notice a dramatic change at the end of my 6th week.   :yes:   Not that I need something dramatic.  Just curious.  When I start prozac years ago it was a dramatic difference, like a light switch turning on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Hi all, I am approaching the end of my 6th week on Buspar.  That's when -- if the med works for you at all -- it reaches therapeutic effect.

If Buspar works it usually does so within a week to 10 days, often with some noticeable lessening of anxiety in as little as 2-3 days, though there can be ongoing improvement for some weeks or months. It is not an antidepressant which rely on brain changes for their effectiveness, but has a direct chemical affect on the brain. Everyone's experience is different. For some it can be a dramatic overnight improvement, for others it is a slow, barely perceptible change.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks, insights.  Yes, buspar seems to affect me in a slow, steady way.  I noticed at some point
that anxiety was not the burning priority it had once been. Things seem to be in better perspective now.
When anxiousness comes up, I can manage it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything