Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please help. Somebody  (Read 784 times)

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help. Somebody
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
i wake up with numb/hot palms all the time. it's very nervewracking but it's also one of the most common symptoms i've seen talked about on these forums, which helps me a little to know that it's likely caused by anxiety and nothing more. i really hope you feel better. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline PainIsAnIllusion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »
I get numbness in my hands all the time during sleep... You may have a propensity for compression in your carpal tunnel. Are you slightly to moderately overweight?

You need wrist braces to sleep with during the night and your wrists won't collapse the tunnel and you won't wake up numb...

If you're waking up as much as you say, that's likely affecting your energy levels, not getting a good nights rest.

Also, if my guess about your being a bit over weight is correct, consider also sleep apnea.... It will destroy your waking energy levels and cause you a multitude of physical symptoms.

Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »
You are tense in your sleep that's why you wake with numb hands...nothing to do with MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Needsomepeace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
Im 11 stone, i was 10 before my son, im 5ft8 so not overweight for my height, i do have carpal tunnel, i went to the doctors today and my blood work has shown i have an underactive thyroid which is where all my symptoms have been coming from, I'll be on medication for the rest of my life but at least i have a reason for feeling the way i have been and can now get better :) and no MS  :happy0151: thanks for the replies
Bookmark and Share

Offline eva1227

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
You don't have MS. Chances are if you're waking up with numb hands you probably have a touch of carpal tunnel syndrome. There are tons of people who have it now, and the main symptom is waking up with numb hands. It is totally benign and 100% treatable. I had both of my wrists treated in August of 2012.

Eva
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mamakinrocks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Quite a while back, for several months, I was waking up with numb arms. Magically, it just went away! Definitely must have been my HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »
Hi,

I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning with certain fingers feeling numb like they fell asleep and I have to shake them to get the blood flowing again. This happens mostly when I sleep on my back.  I do have some back/neck issues.  A Chiropractor told me....I might not have this information correct as it's been a while since he told me this, but if the two outer fingers go numb it may be related to a nerve in the neck and the other fingers would be carpal tunnel related?  But don't quote me on this.  In other words, your issue could just be a pinched nerve or something less serious than MS.  I also wake up with my feet going numb at times especially  if I sleep on my side, as my left ankle presses against my right foot.   I see an advanced Chiropractor who wants me to see this chiropractor\neurologist to get evaluated.  I know I have some issues with my lower back.  I might have some pressed nerves down there.  I also had spinal surgery (disc replacement) on my neck (C5-C6).  So, I definatley have some structural issues. 

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Tags: