Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm worried I have some serious illness..but to scared to see a doctor?  (Read 197 times)

Offline Bubbles_97

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well first off I wanna say I'm new to this site and I hope this is how I post a question because I don't even know if I'm doing it right :P anyway, I'm a 16 year old girl, and since my freshman year (I'm now a junior in highschool) I've been having random shortness of breathes, like I keep having to yawn to catch my breath a lot, usually at night when I just lay down using my phone, but sometimes at school or something too, it gets really annoying..sometimes I get dizzy or shaky because of it, it rarely happens, but sometimes it does a lot, and it really makes me worry I hve something wrong with me, but yet I'm to scared to get it checked out.. I hate needles, blood pressure tests, just doctors all together it makes me sick thinking about it, but because of all if it I get this worry that I won't live long, I worry I'm going to die soon because of it and i don't know how to explain it but it's like I don't see a future ahead of me. I sound crazy but it's true, I worry it's cancer or something that I'm not getting checked out and someday I'll just..die, I hate worrying about this and it depresses me when I think about it because I think something will happen to me. Idk what to do :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know what you mean. Just talk your parents about it so you can feel better by having a support system. Try drinking more water and doing light jogs like half a mile and try to work your way up in the meantime. Maybe you could try to lose a few pounds if you are a little overweight. Also maybe you think and focus on the breathing which makes it harder.

Im guessing you are sitting down too long in akward positions that squeeze the lungs and maybe your lifestyle is too sedentary.  Best wishes, I think you'll be perfectly fine. Remember to speak to your parents :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bubbles_97

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks :) I'm actually underweight, I'm 5'0 and about 88 pounds. I do lay down a lot so that might be why:P I just worry it may be a heart problem or something with my lungs, maybe asthma but I'm just so scared of doctors to get it checked and I worry to much :( thanks again for your answer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please talk to your parents and see about getting treated for anxiety.  I was in your shoes and didn't do anything until I was well into my adult years.  I wasted way too many years to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Needsomepeace

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have had the exact same thing for years, i know im breathing, but i will keep trying to take a deep breath because it feels like my body is still starved of oxygen, and eventually i will yawn and feel better for a short while. I did go to the doctor, and they said there is nothing wrong with me, so i just try to ignore it because the more i think about it the more it happens, you will be ok. Its all psychological
Bookmark and Share

Tags: