Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Symptoms for three years  (Read 344 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Symptoms for three years
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
Do you think this is possible? I have had neurological symptoms for this long.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilyofthevalley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms for three years
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
I have had various Neurological symptoms since Fall of 2009. I have seen two Neurologists during that timeframe, my GP several times, and had an MRI to address them. Every time I was told that it is optical migraines, but I was convinced I can brain cancer, or MS, or something else. There are days that I am still convinced of this. But since it has been over four years of these symptoms, I am beginning to get used to this fact that I have these symptoms and I am not dying from a brain tumor (some days my irrational fears still take over of course). Three years is a long time. If it has not progressed further, you should be fine. Have you seen a doctor about the symptoms at all?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
I have been to see my doctor and two neurologists.  After extensive medical testing which included MRI's, nerve conduction test's etc. no reasons for my symptoms could be found. I am in the midst of being tested by a 3rd neurologist. I have had these symptoms twice before but they have gone away. This is the longest bout I have ever had. My prickly skin sensations are making me feel extremely anxious and depressed. I am not sure what to do next. One of the things they are testing me for are autoimmune disorders.

Thanks for replying to my post lilyofthevalley.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:27:28 PM »
Sounds like.... anxiety. Treat the real problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »
Hi greend,

Sorry to hear you are still suffering. What other autoimmune diseases are they testing you for? You say your tests are all clear? I'm sorry that I can't remember your entire history, but what kind of treatment have you received for your anxiety? Hang in there and PM me if you want to talk in more detail.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
Thank you for all the replies.

Michelle, this neurologist had me give 15 vials of blood for testing. I don't even know what the tests are for exactly- definitely some autoimmune stuff though. One test takes 6 weeks to get the result back, so I don 't go back to see her until June. I think I might lose my mind before then. What drug does your doctor have you on that helps? Apparently I don't have MS, but I am interested to know. I hope you are well. :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »
Oof! I'm sorry, I HATE having my blood drawn! I feel for ya! :(

Hang in there and remember that no matter what the outcome of your results, you WILL be okay. Try not to prepare for the worst case scenario. Chances are, those things will never happen. I hope you find some answers for your symptoms. Though I truly believe it is the result of anxiety for you-and that does not minimize things at all. Psychosomatic or not, you are scared. I get it - and I'm sorry.

So my docs have me on:
For the anxiety:
1) Paxil-leveled out at 12.5mg and am now tapering off. Currently at 5mg;
2) klonopin - as needed, though I took really teeny doses it helped but I decided I needed to cut it out. Have been off that for several months now.

For the MS:
1) copaxone injections - 20mg a day;
2) vitamin d3 supplements - 2000iu daily

Plus psychotherapy. That helped bunches too. Still see him about once a month. Has helped me through not only my anxiety but also the emotions I was feeling at diagnosis. I still struggle some days, but I know I will be okay, and so will you I think.

Keep me posted on what you hear! I will be having my first follow up MRI and appointment around the same time you get your results. Lets hope for the best for both of us!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »
Yes Michelle, let 's encourage each other. Let me know how your MRI goes. I am sure it will be good. Did you find the anti depressant helpful ? I am thinking of giving them another try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:44:23 PM »
I think that's a great plan! :)

Well, I needed them yes. I don't think I would have gotten through the last year without them - but now I am ready to be off.  I have come to terms with the things that use to terrify me. I think that is the most important thing. Accepting the unknown and being able to still live knowing there are aspects of my life that I was never in control of - even though I thought I was. I had to accept that. It was what was tripping me up. We are all different - but I think the meds definetly allowed me to get to the place I needed to be at to learn to work through my junk. Have you ever been on meds for long enough that you found they helped?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »
Michelle, I have tried 2 or 3 different anti depressants and found that none of them did anything at all. I will have to go back to my doctor's and try a fourth I guess..... :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: